- 3 hrs ago Children Inherit Intelligence Mainly From Their Mothers: How Far Is It True?
- 5 hrs ago Single Foster Dad Adopts Five Children To Ensure They Stay United As A Family
- 6 hrs ago Indian Festival Of Holi In Germany: The Colourful Summer Party
- 8 hrs ago Guru Hargobind Singh Birth Anniversary 2022: Interesting Facts About The Sixth Guru Of The Sikhs
- News China reports new Omicron variant of COVID-19: Beijing makes vaccine proof mandatory for public
- Automobiles Hyundai Teases New N Concept & Ioniq 5 N Ahead Of July 15 Debut
- Technology Lava Blaze Pre-Orders To Debut On July 7 In India: Should You Book?
- Sports Wimbledon 2022: Elena Rybakina sets up Simona Halep semifinal with triumph over Ajla Tomljanovic
- Movies Rhea Chakraborty To Make Her Acting Debut In Bengali Film Industry: Report
- Education TBSE 10th, 12th Result 2022 Declared At tbresults.tripura.gov.in, Check Tripura Madhyamik, HS Result
- Finance This Maharatna Stock Fixes Record Date For Final Dividend - Should You Buy?
- Travel Great Barrier Reef: Planet's Natural Ornaments
High blood pressure or hypertension is one of the top five chronic diseases and the most common and preventable risk factor for heart-related disorders like stroke, coronary heart disease and heart failure.  Dietary modifications are effective in lowering blood pressure and preventing cardiovascular diseases.
Here is a lunch recipe, especially for people with hypertension. It is a 5-ingredient recipe made with healthy vegetables like sweet potatoes and black beans. The recipe is high in protein, low in calories, dairy-free and high in fibre. It is also good for vegetarians and people with nut and soy allergies.
Take a look at the recipe.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Lunch
- Two large-sized sweet potatoes, washed.
- Two cups of canned black beans. Canned beans are flavourful, contain no salt and are available in BPA-free cans.
- One and a half cups of spinach/kale, washed and chopped.
- Half cup of hummus. Make sure the hummus contains olive oil and is sodium-free.
- One-fourth teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prick sweet potatoes from all over the sides and microwave for around 8-10 minutes.
- In a pan, add spinach and cook until the leaves are saggy.
- Add canned black beans and water (if required) and cook the mixture until steaming hot.
- Canned beans are precooked, so there is no need to cook the mixture for longer.
- Take a plate and place microwaved sweet potatoes.
- Split them open.
- Top with the spinach and black bean mixture.
- Decorate with hummus dressing. If the hummus is too thick, add a bit of water to make the consistency a bit looser.
- Serve hot.
- If salt-free canned beans are not available, you can rinse the beans before cooking to reduce the amount of salt.
- People - 1
- Calories - 472
- Protein - 21.1 g
- Carbohydrates - 85.3 g
- Fiber - 22.1 g
- Father’s Day Special Recipe: How To Prepare Low-Calorie Brownies For Diabetic Fathers
- Mango Special Recipes: How To Prepare Summer-Friendly And Tasty Mango Chickpea Salad
- Benefits Of Drinking Khus Sharbat In Summers: How To Make It?
- Ram Navami Special: How To Prepare Panakam, A Special Cooling Drink From South Indian Cuisine
- Ramadan Special Sweets: How To Prepare Mango Kesari During The Festival
- Ramadan Special Sweets: How To Prepare Carrot Kalakand
- Happy Holi 2022: Special Imli Ki Chatni Or Tamarind Chutney Recipe: How To Prepare
- Treat For Seafood Lovers: How To Make Spicy Shrimp Pizza At Home
- Holi Sweet Recipes For 2022: How To Prepare Coconut Peda
- Easy To Make Summer Coolers: How To Prepare Frozen Peach Cocktail
- Summer Drinks And Coolers: How To Prepare Pineapple Lemonade With Just 3 Ingredients
- Valentine’s Day Recipe To Impress Your Diabetic Partner: How To Make Shrimp And Broccoli Stir Fry