- 57 min ago Understanding Online Threats: Expert Explains How Parents Can Protect, Prevent And Empower Children
- 1 hr ago UTIs And Women's Quality Of Life; How Can You Prevent UTIs?
- 2 hrs ago Bride-To-Be Kiara Advani's 5 Beauty Looks That Are Super Alluring And Inspirational
- 3 hrs ago Remedies For Ulcer: Can Turmeric And Traditional Chinese Remedy Help Ease The Pain?
- Movies Sidharth-Kiara Wedding: 5 Times Bride-To-Be Kiara Advani Nailed in Stunning Lehengas
- Education As the host of G20 presidency, India made a strong case on climate
- News Indian Railways to introduce Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train under ‘Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat’ Scheme
- Sports ILT20 announces Winners and Runners-up prize money for inaugural Edition: Check Out!
- Automobiles Kia India Sells 6.50 Lakh Units Under 4 Years – Automaker Currently Retails 5 Models In The Country
- Finance 3 Stocks With Low P/E, Solid Fundamentals & Robust Dividend Yields
- Technology OnePlus Nord 2T vs Oppo Reno 8: Design, Display, Battery Compared
- Travel Happily Single? Solo Trip Options To Explore Self Love This Valentine
5-Ingredient Lunch Recipe For People With High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure or hypertension is one of the top five chronic diseases and the most common and preventable risk factor for heart-related disorders like stroke, coronary heart disease and heart failure.  Dietary modifications are effective in lowering blood pressure and preventing cardiovascular diseases.
Here is a lunch recipe, especially for people with hypertension. It is a 5-ingredient recipe made with healthy vegetables like sweet potatoes and black beans. The recipe is high in protein, low in calories, dairy-free and high in fibre. It is also good for vegetarians and people with nut and soy allergies.
Take a look at the recipe.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Lunch
- Two large-sized sweet potatoes, washed.
- Two cups of canned black beans. Canned beans are flavourful, contain no salt and are available in BPA-free cans.
- One and a half cups of spinach/kale, washed and chopped.
- Half cup of hummus. Make sure the hummus contains olive oil and is sodium-free.
- One-fourth teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prick sweet potatoes from all over the sides and microwave for around 8-10 minutes.
- In a pan, add spinach and cook until the leaves are saggy.
- Add canned black beans and water (if required) and cook the mixture until steaming hot.
- Canned beans are precooked, so there is no need to cook the mixture for longer.
- Take a plate and place microwaved sweet potatoes.
- Split them open.
- Top with the spinach and black bean mixture.
- Decorate with hummus dressing. If the hummus is too thick, add a bit of water to make the consistency a bit looser.
- Serve hot.
- If salt-free canned beans are not available, you can rinse the beans before cooking to reduce the amount of salt.
- People - 1
- Calories - 472
- Protein - 21.1 g
- Carbohydrates - 85.3 g
- Fiber - 22.1 g
- How To Prepare At Home The Restaurant Style Tea Recipe
- Hailey Bieber's Viral Skincare Smoothie: Here's How You Can Make It And Its Benefits For Your Skin
- This Raksha Bandhan, Treat Your Siblings With The Goodness Of Peanut Laddus: A Must-Try Recipe
- Monsoon Soup Recipe For Good Health: How To Prepare Dill Leaves And Corn Soup
- Easy To Make And Delicious Focaccia Bread Recipe
- 3-Ingredient Homemade And Organic Recipe To Burn Unwanted Belly Fat
- Father’s Day Special Recipe: How To Prepare Low-Calorie Brownies For Diabetic Fathers
- Mango Special Recipes: How To Prepare Summer-Friendly And Tasty Mango Chickpea Salad
- Benefits Of Drinking Khus Sharbat In Summers: How To Make It?
- Ram Navami Special: How To Prepare Panakam, A Special Cooling Drink From South Indian Cuisine
- Ramadan Special Sweets: How To Prepare Mango Kesari During The Festival
- Ramadan Special Sweets: How To Prepare Carrot Kalakand