Handling pregnancy isn't an easy job especially if it is for the first time in your life. Actually, that is when you need the support of your spouse and family members.
Pregnancy care, postnatal care, breastfeeding and food for lactation are some of the factors that you may need to have some knowledge on.
Also Read: 8 Mistakes That Promote Miscarriage
There are so many mistakes that people tend to make during pregnancy. Here are a few such mistakes which can be avoided.
This is one of the common mistakes during pregnancy. Generally, pregnant mothers avoid wearing seat belts in cars as they think that the seat belt may harm the foetus.
But even a minor accident can destroy the foetus if the seat belt is not used. Consult your gynecologist if you need clarity on this.
During pregnancy, you may need 300 extra calories which should comprise quality protein and vitamins.
But some people think that pregnant women should eat for two people and they consume double the calories which could cause obesity, hypertension and gestational diabetes.
Skipping the morning meal is another mistake during pregnancy. 3 meals and 2 snacks in the entire day help in keeping the blood sugar levels stable.
Some women discontinue their regular medication soon after getting pregnant. But if you are a diabetic or suffering from any psychiatric illnesses, you may need to carry on with your medication, unless your doctor asks you to stop.
Another issue is choosing C section over natural delivery. Actually, C section comes with several risks. Only when it is inevitable, a C section must be chosen. It involves more than a month of bed rest, poses problems with breastfeeding and may cause infections too.
Consult your doctor to prescribe some activity for you as mild exercise is important during pregnancy. It can help your body prepare itself for the labour.
This is the biggest pregnancy mistakes. Stress is an issue to be dealt with. Your body will not be able to absorb the nutrients from your food if you are stressed out during pregnancy.
- 5 Health Risks Of Having Anal Sex
- 10 Side Effects Of Raw Garlic You Should Know
- How Is A Second Pregnancy Different From The First?
- Handling Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy
- 10 Health Benefits Of Kiwi Fruit You Didn't Know
- How To Manage Stress And Anxiety During Pregnancy
- What You Should Know About Contraceptive Pills
- 10 Health Benefits Of Eating Soaked Almonds In The Morning
- 10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Is It Normal To Bleed During Pregnancy?
- Everything You Need To Know About Gestational Diabetes
- Baby Movements That Can Be Noticed During Pregnancy
- A Guide To Help You Read To Your Baby