Handling pregnancy isn't an easy job especially if it is for the first time in your life. Actually, that is when you need the support of your spouse and family members.
Pregnancy care, postnatal care, breastfeeding and food for lactation are some of the factors that you may need to have some knowledge on.
Also Read: 8 Mistakes That Promote Miscarriage
There are so many mistakes that people tend to make during pregnancy. Here are a few such mistakes which can be avoided.
This is one of the common mistakes during pregnancy. Generally, pregnant mothers avoid wearing seat belts in cars as they think that the seat belt may harm the foetus.
But even a minor accident can destroy the foetus if the seat belt is not used. Consult your gynecologist if you need clarity on this.
During pregnancy, you may need 300 extra calories which should comprise quality protein and vitamins.
But some people think that pregnant women should eat for two people and they consume double the calories which could cause obesity, hypertension and gestational diabetes.
Skipping the morning meal is another mistake during pregnancy. 3 meals and 2 snacks in the entire day help in keeping the blood sugar levels stable.
Some women discontinue their regular medication soon after getting pregnant. But if you are a diabetic or suffering from any psychiatric illnesses, you may need to carry on with your medication, unless your doctor asks you to stop.
Another issue is choosing C section over natural delivery. Actually, C section comes with several risks. Only when it is inevitable, a C section must be chosen. It involves more than a month of bed rest, poses problems with breastfeeding and may cause infections too.
Consult your doctor to prescribe some activity for you as mild exercise is important during pregnancy. It can help your body prepare itself for the labour.
This is the biggest pregnancy mistakes. Stress is an issue to be dealt with. Your body will not be able to absorb the nutrients from your food if you are stressed out during pregnancy.
- Natural Ways To Induce Labor At Home
- How Kareena Kapoor Lost Her Weight After Pregnancy?
- What Moms-to-be Think In Their Last Month Of Pregnancy
- Everything You Should Know About Breastfeeding While Pregnant
- Nose Bleeding During Pregnancy – Causes And Remedies
- Signs That Your Body Is Ready For Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Risks By Age Chart
- Is It Possible To Get A False Positive Pregnancy Test Result ?
- How To Treat Fungal Infection During Pregnancy
- What are the causes of gestational diabetes?
- Is It Normal For Breasts To Leak During Pregnancy?
- Bleeding And Spotting During Pregnancy: What's Normal, What's Not