- 1 hr ago Ratan Tata Wins Hearts Again, Invests In India's 1st Companionship Startup For Senior Citizens
- 9 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 18 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 20 hrs ago Easy Skincare Tips for College Students
- 20 hrs ago Discounts On Vitamin Supplements For Good Health And Improved Immunity: Get Up To 60% Off
- Automobiles Mahindra Thar 5-Door Spotted Testing Wearing Heavy Camouflage
- Technology Nothing Phone 1 Just Got More Expensive In India
- Finance 7 Quality Stocks To Reach 52-Week Lows Today, Check Detailed Share Performance
- Sports AEW Dynamite: World Title Unification and ROH World Title Match confirmed
- News Delhi HC orders FIR against BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain in rape case
- Movies Sreejita De Reveals Why She Hasn't Done Any Reality Shows Yet; Expresses Her Wish To Do A Dance Reality Show
- Education AP EAMCET counselling 2022 is expected to commence on August 22
- Travel Krishna Janmashtami 2022: Famous Lord Krishna Temples in India
The subject expert committee on COVID-19 of India's drug regulator will on Friday review the applications of Serum Institute of India seeking emergency use authorisation to use Covovax among those aged two to seven years and seven to 11 years, official sources said.
The two applications were submitted by Prakash Kumar Singh, Director, Government and Regulatory Affairs at Serum Institute of India (SII) on March 16 and June 1.
The expert panel in its last meeting in April had sought more data from SII following its application seeking the emergency use authorization of Covovax for seven to 11 years.
Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) had approved Covovax for restricted use in emergency situations in adults on December 28 and in the 12 to 17 years age group subject to certain conditions on March 9.
India began inoculating children aged 12-14 on March 16. The countrywide vaccination drive was rolled out on January 16 last year with healthcare workers getting inoculated in the first phase. Vaccination of frontline workers started from February 2 last year.
The next phase of COVID-19 vaccination commenced on March 1 last year for people over 60 years of age and those aged 45 and above with specified co-morbid conditions.
India launched vaccination for all people aged more than 45 years from April 1 last year. The government then decided to expand its vaccination drive by allowing everyone above 18 years of age to be inoculated against the viral disease from May 1 last year.
The next phase of vaccination commenced from January 3 for adolescents in the age group of 15-18 years.
India began administering precaution doses of vaccines to healthcare and frontline workers and those aged 60 and above with comorbidities from January 10.
The country began administering precaution doses of COVID-19 vaccines to all aged above 18 years at private vaccination centres on April 10.
- wellnessDCGI Approves India's First qHPV Vaccine Against Cervical Cancer
- healthSII Gets DCGI Nod To Manufacture Drug Substance, Test It For Developing Jab Against Omicron
- disorders cureDRDO’s Anti-COVID Drug Named 2DG Cleared For Emergency Use In India By DCGI: All You Need To Know
- wellnessGovt Panel Recommends Emergency Approval For SII's Covovax For 7-11 Year Olds
- basicsNovavax's Covid-19 Vaccine Covovax Gets Emergency Use Authorisation For 12-17 Age Group In India
- kidsSerum Institute Seeks Covovax's Inclusion In Covid Vaccination Drive For 12 Years And Over
- wellnessDCGI Grants Emergency Use Authorisation To Covovax For 12-17 Years Age Group; Younger Age Groups To Follow
- wellnessGovt Panel Recommends Permission For Phase-3 Trial Of Covovax As Booster Dose In Adults
- wellnessSII Seeks Permission For Phase-3 Study Of Covid Vaccine Covovax As Booster Dose In Adults
- healthIndia-US Healthcare Collaboration In Spotlight As India Approves Two More Covid-19 Vaccines
- healthCovovax Better Booster For Covishield-Vaccinated People: Dr Shahid Jameel, Virologist
- wellnessCovovax: Everything You Need To Know About The Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine Approved For India