- 4 hrs ago Retrograde Saturn Transit In Capricorn On 12 July 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 29 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 11 hrs ago Roe v. Wade Overturned: Why Is It Significant; Indian Laws On Abortion
- 15 hrs ago Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Date, Time, Vrat Vidhi, How To Eradicate Pitrudosh, And Remedies
- Movies Kartik Aaryan Says He Never Thought Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 Would Cross Rs 200 Crore Mark; 'It All Feels Unreal'
- Finance Petrol, Diesel Rate Today: Check Fuel Prices In Your City Now
- News Maharashtra crisis: Eknath Shinde camp at Kamakhya, may leave for Mumbai soon
- Technology Spotify Supergrouper Announced: How To Create A Custom Playlist With Spotify Supergrouper?
- Sports Wimbledon 2022: Nick Kyrgios bemoans 'pure disrespect' after first-round win
- Automobiles 2022 Mahindra Scorpio N Accessories - Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Education PSEB 12th Result 2022 Declared At pseb.ac.in, Download Punjab Board Class 12 Result Here
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
Whether we like to admit it or not, the world is crueler than we think. Even innocent children are not safe anymore, so it is very important to make your child aware about sexual abuse and teach him/her a few safety tips.
Every day, when we watch or read the news, we come across at least one incident in which a young child has been a victim of sexual abuse.
It is quite gut-wrenching to witness such terrible news, but that is the harsh reality of the world.
Numerous young girls and boys, across the globe, have become victims to sexual abuse and it never stops, as long as the attitude of certain people doesn't change.
Even if the parents and schools do everything they can to protect the children, if their guard is let down for a while, horrendous things can happen to the kids, which can wreck them emotionally!
So, if you want to keep your child safe, you need to educate him/her about sexual abuse in a way he/she can understand.
Here are a few tips to help your kid understand and stay safe from sexual abuse, have a look.
Firstly, depending on the age of your kid, you need to give them a brief introduction to basic sex eduction, only then they can fully understand the meaning of abuse.
It is also important to establish a friendly and approachable bond with your child, so that he/she does not feel scared to talk to you, in case he/she experiences some kind of an abuse.
Another tip to educate kids about sex abuse involves being open with them about issues related to abuse and make them understand that it can never be their fault, so that they will not be afraid to inform you.
Ensure that you teach your kids certain safety tips like never taking or accepting things from strangers, never leaving with a stranger, even if they claim that parents have sent them to pick them up from school, etc.
Another tip to prevent child sex abuse is to teach your child that some body parts are private and let them know about boundaries, so that in case someone touches that particular body part, the child can understand that it is wrong!
Another tip to educate your child about sex abuse involves encouraging him/her to share secrets with you, as many sexual offenders have a practice of telling the kids to keep the abuse as a matter of top secret and not let it out to anyone, in which case the child might do accordingly.
Let your child know that it is okay to say a "No", in any situation in which he/she feels uncomfortable or scared, especially if it involves a stranger.
- wellnessGovt Panel Recommends Emergency Approval For SII's Covovax For 7-11 Year Olds
- kidsDCGI Panel To Review On Friday SII Applications For Covovax’s Use Among Kids Aged 2-7 Yrs, 7-11 Yrs
- kidsLong COVID In Children Can Last At Least Two Months: Study
- kidsCipla, DNDi Launch 4-In-1 Antiretroviral Treatment For Children With HIV
- babyCovid-19 In Babies: Here's What To Expect & What You Should Do
- kidsExplained: The Pathogen That Could Be Causing Hepatitis Outbreak In Kids
- kidsPathways To Severe Coronavirus In Children Discovered By Scientists
- kidsCOVID-19 Vaccine: Government Panel Recommends EUA For Corbevax For Kids Between 5-11 Years Age Groups
- kidsCovid-19: Over 20 Kids Test Positive This Week In Noida, Health Advisory Issued To Schools
- kidsHealthy Summer Foods For Kids, To Keep 'Em Healthy And Hydrated (Over 4 Years Old)
- recipesBest Refreshing And Kid-Friendly Recipe: How To Prepare Raw Mango Popsicles
- basicsNovavax's Covid-19 Vaccine Covovax Gets Emergency Use Authorisation For 12-17 Age Group In India