- 4 min ago 8 Myths About Live-In Relationships And Facts You Are Unsure About
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- 16 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- 17 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black Attire At The HT Leadership Summit!
- News Unnao rape survivor’s father demands Hyderabad like encounter for accused
- Sports Virat Kohli gets brutally honest with his batting: 'Young batsmen, don't watch'
- Technology Vodafone, Airtel Remove Cap On Voice Calls, Offer Free Unlimited Calling To Other Networks
- Movies KGF: Chapter 1 Emerges The Most-Viewed Indian Movie Of 2019 On Amazon Prime!
- Finance SEBI Directs LIC, BoB And SBI To Reduce Stake In UTI AMC
- Automobiles KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
If you are a woman who is pregnant, then you would surely know that there are many precautions you must take during this phase. If you are wondering what are some of the negative effects of smoking during pregnancy, then you have come to the right place!
Pregnant women have to take utmost care of their health, as their health directly impacts the baby in their womb.
Anything a pregnant woman takes in like food, beverages, medicines, etc., can affect her baby, either positively or negatively.
For example, if the mother consumes a healthy diet when she is pregnant, then the chances of her baby remaining healthy are greater.
However, if the pregnant woman indulges in unhealthy lifestyle practices like smoking or drinking, it can have serious implications on the baby's health. This fact is even backed by science!
So, as a to-be mother, if you want yourself and your baby to remain healthy, you must follow a healthy lifestyle.
Is it true that smoking during pregnancy can affect the baby's kidneys? Let us find out here.
What Happens When You Smoke?
Now, as we know, smoking has a huge negative impact on anyone who indulges in smoking cigarettes, be it pregnant women or otherwise.
The toxins present in the cigarette smoke, along with the very harmful substance - nicotine, can get accumulated in your system and do a lot of damage.
Some of the main side effects of smoking are yellowing teeth, bad breath, darkening of the lips, indigestion, nausea, loss of appetite, unhealthy weight loss, restlessness, respiratory ailment, sinusitis, cancer of the throat, mouth, lips and lungs, etc.
So, with so many negative implications, it is quite obvious that smoking is one habit that must be completely stopped, especially if a woman is pregnant.
Smoking And Kidney Damage In The Baby
A recent research study dealing with this subject has claimed that in cases where the mothers have been chronic smokers during pregnancy, the children are noted to have developed some sort of a kidney ailment when they are young.
It is noted that the chances of the kids developing a kidney disorder when they were younger were 16.7% more, when the mother continued to smoke during pregnancy, in comparison with children born to non-smoking mothers.
In conclusion, it is safe to say that chronic smoking by a pregnant woman can lead to the development of kidney disorders in her children.