- 2 hrs ago Surbhi Jyoti Leaves Us Speechless With Her Bold Dual Toned Eye Make-Up Look
- 2 hrs ago Merry Christmas 2020: Heart-Warming Greetings, Status, Messages For You Family, Friends, Colleagues
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 25 November 2020
- 12 hrs ago What Is Pandemic Fatigue? Know More About How To Deal With This Mental Issue
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A12, Galaxy A02s Goes Official: Price, Specifications
- Sports Star India acquires Cricket South Africa media rights till 2023-24 season
- Movies Ira Khan Finds Love In Aamir Khan's Fitness Coach Nupur Shikhare?
- News Cyclone Nivar: Check helpline numbers in case of emergency and power cuts in Chennai
- Automobiles Toyota Camry Hybrid Facelift Unveiled Globally: Expected India Launch Next Year
- Finance Mirae Asset Banking and Financial Services Fund Opens Today
- Education SSB ASI Admit Card 2020 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Honeymoon Destinations To Visit In India This Winter
A rainbow baby is a term given to a healthy baby who is born after a miscarriage, neonatal death, stillbirth or infant loss. The term 'rainbow' symbolises hope after difficult times. A rainbow appears in the sky after heavy rain or storm, hence the term 'rainbow baby' was coined for a baby born after the loss of one.
Having a rainbow baby is a great experience, especially for first-time parents. Successful rainbow pregnancies bring mixed emotions: immense pleasure and fear. A feeling of guilt and sadness for the lost baby and happiness after the birth of a healthy baby often follows a rainbow birth.
In this article, we will discuss the experiences that accompany the term 'rainbow baby. Take a look.
Why Parenting A Rainbow Baby Is Different?
Parenting a rainbow baby is filled with mixed emotions of grief and excitement. Such mixed emotions can become the cause of postpartum depression. Therefore, it is important to share these feelings with your spouse or medical professionals. 
Parenting a rainbow baby can be different because it brings a different experience to parents. Parents who have lost their baby earlier experience a sense of gratitude along with strong fear. Experts say that many parents feel that being excited about their new pregnancy can be like a betrayal to their lost baby, which is wrong. This is why a lot of emotional support is required to make them understand that miscarriages and losing a baby are a normal part of pregnancy, which does not mean that one cannot have children in the future.
Causes Of Pregnancy Loss
- Chromosomal abnormalities
- Immunological abnormalities 
- Cigarette smoking during pregnancy
- Cell loss or neuronal damage
- Anatomic abnormalities
- Hormonal disturbances
- Uterine abnormalities
- Weak cervical tissues
1. Why do they call them Rainbow Babies?
As a rainbow appears after heavy rain or storm, likewise, rainbow babies are called so because they are born after many difficulties such as miscarriage, neonatal death, stillbirth or infant loss.
2. Is it a rainbow baby after an abortion?
If a woman had a natural abortion at the first conception, the second healthy baby born can be called a rainbow baby. However, if the abortion was done by the wish of the parents and then a healthy baby is born, it may not be considered as a rainbow baby.
3. What is a double rainbow baby?
Delivery of a healthy baby after two losses of children due to miscarriage or stillbirth is considered a double rainbow baby.