- 11 hrs ago Father’s Day 2021: Here’s The History And Significance Of This Day
- 12 hrs ago Milkha Singh Passes Away At 91: Some Facts About The Renowned Athlete
- 15 hrs ago Hina Khan Shows How To Ace Warm And Dewy Makeup Look But Her Cute Half Updo Hairstyle Will Win You Over!
- 20 hrs ago Shilpa Shetty Kundra Is Style And Elegance Personified In Her White Organza Saree With Printed Fancy Blouse
- Movies Chitrangda Singh Pays Tribute To The Legendary Milkha Singh On His Demise
- Technology Fathers Day 2021 Gift Ideas Best Truly Wireless Headsets Under Rs. 5,000
- Sports Euro 2020: Portugal 2-4 Germany: Holders score two own goals in thumping defeat
- News People will not tolerate self-centred politics: Uddhav Thackeray slams Congress leaders
- Education Telangana Schools And Colleges To Reopen From July 1, Check Latest Updates
- Automobiles From Repairing Bicycles To Owning A BMW 5 Series & A Jaguar XJ L — Inspiring Story Of Rahul Taneja
- Finance HDFC Bank To Buy Stake Worth Over Rs 1,906 Crore In Group's General Insurer From Parent HDFC
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
A rainbow baby is a term given to a healthy baby who is born after a miscarriage, neonatal death, stillbirth or infant loss. The term 'rainbow' symbolises hope after difficult times. A rainbow appears in the sky after heavy rain or storm, hence the term 'rainbow baby' was coined for a baby born after the loss of one.
Having a rainbow baby is a great experience, especially for first-time parents. Successful rainbow pregnancies bring mixed emotions: immense pleasure and fear. A feeling of guilt and sadness for the lost baby and happiness after the birth of a healthy baby often follows a rainbow birth.
In this article, we will discuss the experiences that accompany the term 'rainbow baby. Take a look.
Why Parenting A Rainbow Baby Is Different?
Parenting a rainbow baby is filled with mixed emotions of grief and excitement. Such mixed emotions can become the cause of postpartum depression. Therefore, it is important to share these feelings with your spouse or medical professionals. 
Parenting a rainbow baby can be different because it brings a different experience to parents. Parents who have lost their baby earlier experience a sense of gratitude along with strong fear. Experts say that many parents feel that being excited about their new pregnancy can be like a betrayal to their lost baby, which is wrong. This is why a lot of emotional support is required to make them understand that miscarriages and losing a baby are a normal part of pregnancy, which does not mean that one cannot have children in the future.
Causes Of Pregnancy Loss
- Chromosomal abnormalities
- Immunological abnormalities 
- Cigarette smoking during pregnancy
- Cell loss or neuronal damage
- Anatomic abnormalities
- Hormonal disturbances
- Uterine abnormalities
- Weak cervical tissues
1. Why do they call them Rainbow Babies?
As a rainbow appears after heavy rain or storm, likewise, rainbow babies are called so because they are born after many difficulties such as miscarriage, neonatal death, stillbirth or infant loss.
2. Is it a rainbow baby after an abortion?
If a woman had a natural abortion at the first conception, the second healthy baby born can be called a rainbow baby. However, if the abortion was done by the wish of the parents and then a healthy baby is born, it may not be considered as a rainbow baby.
3. What is a double rainbow baby?
Delivery of a healthy baby after two losses of children due to miscarriage or stillbirth is considered a double rainbow baby.