Are you wondering what all to avoid while breastfeeding? During pregnancy, mothers take a lot of care when it comes to the food they eat and the types of exercises they do. But the same applies to the breastfeeding stage too.
Until the baby grows into a stage where he or she can eat food, whatever a mother eats may influence the baby either in a positive way or a negative way as the baby survives only on milk.
So, here are some things to avoid while breastfeeding. If you are a breastfeeding mom, you may need to follow these suggestions carefully.
What To Avoid Whilst Breastfeeding?
Firstly, if you have the habit of smoking, it is very important to quit it during pregnancy and breast feeding stages.
What about second hand smoke? Well, exposure to even secondhand smoke is bad for your baby. It could raise the risk of sudden infant death syndrome! So, even your partner is recommended to stay smoke free at least at home.
You may need to be careful about the medication you use. Avoid over-the-counter painkillers or any other medication during the breastfeeding stage.
If you have any health issues that need medication, consult your doctor and inform about your breastfeeding stage so that you may be given medication that doesn't affect the baby.
Be careful with the lotions and creams that you apply on your skin. As your baby needs to come in contact with your skin and nipples, use only products prescribed by your doctor.
Avoid antiperspirants and deodorants during the breastfeeding stage. The toxic chemicals present in them may stay on your skin and may trouble the baby during breastfeeding.
Are there any foods to avoid during breastfeeding? If you are allergic to certain foods, avoid them during breastfeeding.
Also Read:Caffeine During Breastfeeding
Consuming caffeine and nuts may cause stomach upset in the baby as the milk that you provide may get affected.
- 10 Foods That Kill Your Sex Drive
- Myths Busted! Eggs, Coconut Oil, And More
- Food Combinations That Cause Gas
- Curing Stomach Ulcers By Fasting
- Metabolism Boosters: 15 Calorie-Burning Foods That Will Help You Lose Weight
- 10 Things That Happen When You Try A Vegan Diet
- How To Resist Ordering Takeout Meals
- How to Stop Emotional Eating - 5 Simple Steps
- Nutritional Requirements For 8 Months To 1-year-old Babies
- Belly Fat Woes? Try These Foods That Instantly Burn Belly Fat
- This Is What Happens When You Don’t Eat Enough Calories
- Foods That Bring Strength To Baby's Feet
- The Best Finger Foods For Your Toddler