- 28 min ago Kajol's Dupatta Is Sangeet-Perfect And Her Look Test For Tanhaji Has All Our Attention
- 37 min ago Remembering Lala Lajpat Rai On His 155th Birth Anniversary: Lesser Known Facts About Him
- 43 min ago The Forgotten Army Actress Sharvari's Latest Fashion Roundup Is A Must For All The Fashionistas
- 1 hr ago 10 Body Scrubs To Get Rid Of Dry Winter Skin
- Movies Varun Dhawan Starrer Street Dancer 3D Creates Waves At The Box Office, Performs Incredibly Well!
- Sports IPL 2020 final likely to be held at Sardar Patel Stadium in Ahmedabad
- Finance Govt To Release Report Card On ‘Smart Cities’ In June
- Technology Future Apple Mac Could Be Built Using Curved Sheet Of Glass
- News Coronavirus scare: Kerala CM writes to PM seeking special flight to airlift stranded Indians
- Automobiles Renault Triber BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Pregnancy is a crucial stage in a woman's life. During this period, a woman's body changes rapidly and it even affects the lady's mood.
In such cases, a pregnant woman also has to be extra careful about the food that she eats because it can affect both the mother and foetus.
The first month of pregnancy is usually associated with symptoms like nausea, headaches, cramps, hunger and excessive sleepiness.
However, these symptoms vary from person to person. Therefore, the intake of the right kind of foods helps to overcome these symptoms.
Since, the first month of pregnancy is the most crucial one, a right kind of nutrition is a must that has to be provided to a pregnant woman.
It is vital to maintain a healthy balanced diet to ensure a healthy mother and foetus that is growing in her. There are some of the must-have foods that pregnant women need to incorporate in their daily diet for a healthy pregnancy.
Therefore, in this article, we at Boldsky will be listing out some of the best foods to eat in the first month of pregnancy. Read on to know more about it.
Even though doctors prescribe folic acid pills, including foods rich in folic acid such as potatoes, oranges and broccoli helps to sustain a pregnancy. It helps in the development of the foetus.
Iron-rich foods assist in the flow of blood from the mother to the foetus. Therefore, add a lot of foods rich in iron such as beetroot, oatmeal, tuna, beans, dried fruits, chicken and mutton.
Meat is safe to consume in the first month of pregnancy. However, it is advisable to avoid pork and seafood, as they may cause infections. And seafood is rich in methyl mercury that may devastate the foetal development. Hence, go for other options instead.
Fruits are rich in minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. Some fruits are also rich in fibre that is ideal for pregnancy. Consuming 3 servings of fruits is a good way to kick start the diet in the first month of pregnancy.
Milk is a good source of vitamins, minerals and calcium. It also contains healthy fats, folic acid and vitamin D. Other dairy products such as cheese and yoghurt are also good sources of calcium.
Vitamin B6 is a must in the first month of pregnancy. It helps to inhibit symptoms like nausea and vomiting. Foods rich in vitamin B6 include salmon, whole grains, peanut butter, bananas and nuts.