- 39 min ago Daily Horoscope: 13 August 2020
- 9 hrs ago From Banana To Milk, Ginger To Water: Foods That Help Get Rid Of Headaches Quickly
- 12 hrs ago Sanjana Sanghi’s Stylish Pink Suits Will Have You Thinking About Pink Outfits
- 12 hrs ago Independence Day 2020: Significance Of Tricolours In Our National Flag
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Technology Reliance Digital Independence Day 2020 Sale: Great Deals And Offers On Gadgets
- Sports Champions League: Atalanta 1-2 Paris Saint-Germain: Choupo-Moting completes stunning late comeback
- Movies Mohanlal Tests Negative For COVID-19: Resumes Shooting!
- News India, Nepal to hold senior level dialogue on Aug 17 after a nine-month hiatus
- Automobiles Pioneer Launch TS-WX3000T Tube Subwoofer From Champion Series: Priced At Rs 9,990
- Finance 'PM SVANidhi' Scheme For Street Vendors Receives Over 5 Lakh Applications
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Pregnancy is a crucial stage in a woman's life. During this period, a woman's body changes rapidly and it even affects the lady's mood.
In such cases, a pregnant woman also has to be extra careful about the food that she eats because it can affect both the mother and foetus.
The first month of pregnancy is usually associated with symptoms like nausea, headaches, cramps, hunger and excessive sleepiness.
However, these symptoms vary from person to person. Therefore, the intake of the right kind of foods helps to overcome these symptoms.
Since, the first month of pregnancy is the most crucial one, a right kind of nutrition is a must that has to be provided to a pregnant woman.
It is vital to maintain a healthy balanced diet to ensure a healthy mother and foetus that is growing in her. There are some of the must-have foods that pregnant women need to incorporate in their daily diet for a healthy pregnancy.
Therefore, in this article, we at Boldsky will be listing out some of the best foods to eat in the first month of pregnancy. Read on to know more about it.
Even though doctors prescribe folic acid pills, including foods rich in folic acid such as potatoes, oranges and broccoli helps to sustain a pregnancy. It helps in the development of the foetus.
Iron-rich foods assist in the flow of blood from the mother to the foetus. Therefore, add a lot of foods rich in iron such as beetroot, oatmeal, tuna, beans, dried fruits, chicken and mutton.
Meat is safe to consume in the first month of pregnancy. However, it is advisable to avoid pork and seafood, as they may cause infections. And seafood is rich in methyl mercury that may devastate the foetal development. Hence, go for other options instead.
Fruits are rich in minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. Some fruits are also rich in fibre that is ideal for pregnancy. Consuming 3 servings of fruits is a good way to kick start the diet in the first month of pregnancy.
Milk is a good source of vitamins, minerals and calcium. It also contains healthy fats, folic acid and vitamin D. Other dairy products such as cheese and yoghurt are also good sources of calcium.
Vitamin B6 is a must in the first month of pregnancy. It helps to inhibit symptoms like nausea and vomiting. Foods rich in vitamin B6 include salmon, whole grains, peanut butter, bananas and nuts.