- 5 hrs ago 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- 8 hrs ago Happy Durga Puja 2022: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Photos, Greetings & Whatsapp Status
- 10 hrs ago GQ Best Dressed Awards 2022: Nora Fatehi, Esha Gupta, Pooja Hegde & Others Dazzle At The Red Carpet
- 10 hrs ago Navratri 2022: Durga Ashtami Timings, Puja Rituals, Fasts And Legends
- Sports Rain threat looms over sell-out India-South Africa T20 clash; arrangements in place, say organisers
- News Kanpur accident: At least 22 killed as tractor carrying pilgrims overturns
- Finance Cryptocurrency Fails To Stabilize, Market-cap Slips 1.39%: Bitcoin Plunges To US$ 19,286
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Elimination Week 4: Will It Be Arohi?
- Education IGNOU Exam Form 2022 Out for December Term End Examinations, Apply Now at ignou.ac.in
- Automobiles 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- Technology Realme Smartphones Receiving Updates For Jio 5G Support
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Barley and buckwheat are nutritious foods for your babies. You can make food with barley for your baby in the form of cereal, cooked soups etc. It can be easily cooked and blended into a soup. It is rich in all the nutrients that baby needs for growth and development.
One cup of cooked barley contains 3.55 grams of protein. The vitamins and minerals present in barley are calcium, iron protein, folate vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2 niacin, potassium and magnesium.
Buckwheat is a gluten free seed or whole grain and is a great choice for your baby's diet. Babies who are allergic to gluten and wheat protein can be fed with buckwheat. Buckwheat may be used either roasted or unroasted. Roasted buckwheat is called as Kasha.
You can give barley and buckwheat food to your babies once they are 5 or 6 months of age. Barley is easy to digest and does not cause nay allergy.
Here, we will share with you some yummy and healthy barley recipes for your babies. You can also offer barley to your baby as his first solid food as it is easy to digest.
Barley Baby Cereal
Boil one cup water and add 1/4 cup ground barley to it. You can grind barley in a grinder. Simmer for 10 minutes and stir it continuously. Mix with it some juice,formula milk or breast milk.
Barley and Sweet Potato Balls
Mix together one cup cooked barley, one cup cooked sweet potatoes and half a cup of peach puree in a bowl. Make small balls and serve as a baby finger food.
Barley Salad only for babies more than 6 months of age
Mix together soft cooked barley, cooked sliced carrots, cooked peas and soft cooked chicken which is finely sliced. Ask a paediatrician before introducing non veg food to your baby. Toss all ingredients together in a bowl. Serve as a finger food to your baby.
Roasted Buckwheat (Kasha) Cereal
Boil two cups of water in a bowl and add one cup of buckwheat. Simmer the flame and sir for 1 minutes. Add some yogurt to make a creamy cereal. You can even add soy milk to cool and thin the cereal.
Mix together one cup cooked kasha, one egg, two finely shredded carrots, breadcrumbs as needed, one onion (finely sliced) and garlic powder. Make small balls and bake for 30 minutes. This food can be given to babies elder than 6 months of age as a finger food.
- festivalsPitru Paksha 2022: Precautions That Pregnant Women Must Abide By
- bollywood wardrobeKoffee With Karan 7: Sonam Kapoor Nails Maternity Fashion in Black Off-Shoulder Gown!
- basics4 Weird Pregnancy Superstitions That Could Actually Be True For These Reasons
- prenatal8 Study-Based And Anecdotal Ways To Predict The Gender Of A Baby, By NCBI
- disorders cureWhat Is Double Didelphys Or Double Uterus? Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors And Treatments
- basicsLaunch Of Mum2b : Expert Support For Expecting Mothers By Apollo Women’s Hospitals
- babyCovid-19 In Babies: Here's What To Expect & What You Should Do
- babyWhat Is Alagille Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- prenatalDoes Yoga Have Side Effects? What Pregnant Women And People With Ailments Should Know
- basicsExpert Article: Causes And Prevention Of Repeated IVF Failures
- basicsExpert Article: Do You Have Endometriosis? Symptoms And Treatment
- wellnessIs Shawarma Healthy? Can Pregnant Women Eat It? What Do Experts Have To Say