- 14 min ago Travel Horoscope 2023: Fulfil Your Long-Standing Travel Dreams This Year To Exotic Destinations
- 37 min ago Compassion Meditation: How To Show True Compassion Towards Yourself And Your Loved Ones
- 44 min ago Skincare Tips: Keeping Your Skin Healthy Between Seasons
- 59 min ago Signs Of A Toxic Work Environment; How To Deal With It?
- Movies Ishq Mein Ghayal: Launch Date To Fees, Here’s Everything To Know About Gashmeer, Karan Kundrra & Reem’s Show
- Sports India vs New Zealand: Ranchi wicket surprises both Hardik Pandya and Mitchell Santner
- News Despite 'power cut', BBC's controversial series screened at Presidency University, claims SFI
- Finance Aadhaar Card For NRI - Step-by-Step Guide On How to Apply For It?
- Technology Poco X5 Pro 5G Global Variant Listing Indicates A Rebranded Redmi Note 12 Series Smartphone
- Travel Tata, Infosys Showing Interest In Monument Mitra Scheme, Know What It Is
- Automobiles 2023 BMW X1 & iX1 India Launch Tomorrow – Here’s Everything You Should Know
- Education Professional Students' Summit-2023 to be held in Kerala
A police officer from Uttar Pradesh was captured by camera while giving a foot massage to the kanwariyas (devotees of Lord Shiva).
Ajay Kumar, the superintendent of police (UP), was seen performing this kind gesture at the naturopathy medical camp in UP on Saturday. He also helped them with food and beverages.
Shamli police shared a video on Twitter saying "Ajay Kumar (SP) inaugurated a new medical camp, specially set up for kanwariyas, in the district. The officer also offered service to a kanwariyas who had come to the medical camp".
Shamli SP Ajay Kumar giving therapy to Kawariya at one of the makeshift health/medical centres in the district. pic.twitter.com/Tou8fJu01M— Piyush Rai (@Benarasiyaa) 26 July 2019
On this note, Ajay Kumar said that it's a human's duty to help people in need. Adding to it, he mentioned that the police department is all set to provide any kind of help to kanwariyas especially when they need any medical assistance.
"Kanwariyas travel to Haridwar in devotion to Lord Shiva, and by giving them foot massage, I just wanted to ease their hectic journey," said Ajay Kumar.
The Kanwar Yatra
The Kanwar Yatra is an annual Hindu pilgrimage in which kanwariyas, Lord Shiva's devotees, fetch holy water of River Ganga in kanwars and carry them across a hundred miles, without putting them down and offer the holy water in local Shiva temples. As per the Hindu calendar, the day is celebrated in the month of Shravan mostly in places like Bihar, Jharkhand, and Uttarakhand.
Kanwar Yatra 2019
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has planned special facilities for kanwariyas this year. He ordered for showering rose petals on the pilgrims with the help of helicopters. Also, the schools and traffic will be shut down on the route to avoid any hassle on the way.
On the other hand, in Meerut, an app has been launched which will provide all information to kanwariyas related to routes, hospitals, and temples. Also, special saffron t-shirts are available now for kanwariyas imprinted with the images of two important leaders of India i.e., Narendra Modi and Yogi Aadityanath.
- zodiac signsShravan 2022: Lucky and Unlucky Zodiac Signs This Month
- wellnessShravan Month 2022: Scientific Reason Why People Should Avoid Eating Non-Vegetarian Food This Month
- festivalsMangala Gauri Vrat 2021: Date, Muhurat, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- faith mysticismSawan Maas 2021: Significance Of This Month Among The Hindus
- faith mysticismShravan Month 2021: Here Are Some Do’s And Don’ts To Keep In Mind
- wellnessShravan Month 2019: What Foods To Eat And What Foods To Avoid
- faith mysticismKrishna Janmashtami 2021: Date, Puja Timings, Rituals And Significance
- faith mysticismKajari Teej 2021: An Auspicious Day To Pray For A Happy Married Life
- faith mysticismRaksha Bandhan 2019: Know Why Should We Tie Rakhi And On Which Hand
- faith mysticismItems To Include On Your Rakhi Tray
- faith mysticismThis Is How You Should Perform The Parana Of Shravana Fasts
- faith mysticismIs There A Common Story Behind Onam & Raksha Bandhan?