- Movies DPIFF Awards 2020 Winners List: Harshad Chopda, Divyanka Tripathi, Dheeraj & Others Win Big
- News Guwahati local court sends Sharjeel Imam to 4-day police remand
- Sports ICC Women's T20 World Cup: India women begin elusive trophy search with opener against Australia
- Technology Xiaomi Patents New Chip With 5G, Storage Options Together
- Finance LPG Cylinder Prices May Come Down In March: Pradhan
- Automobiles 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
- Education CBSE Board Exam: Explore List Of Barred Items And Which Pen To Use In Exam
As India is gearing up to celebrate its 73d Independence Day on 15th August, Thursday, Google has created a beautiful doodle to mark this special day. The day is itself a reminder of the bravery and sacrifices of the freedom fighters and revolutionaries who selflessly fought for their motherland against the oppressive british rule.
In 1947, on this same day, the first prime minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru raised the flag of free India from the Red Fort. This year in 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will kickstart the celebration at 7:30 am and address the nation from the Red Fort itself.
On Wednesday, 14th August, President Ramnath Kovind also addressed the nation, underlining the fact that India abides by "Live and let live" principle. He also mentioned what Mahatma Gandhi said that this nation should use its natural resources wisely and take care of the environment.
PM Modi took it to Twitter to wish his fellow Indians Independence day. Here's what he wrote- "Happy Independence Day to all my fellow Indians. Jai Hind!"
सभी देशवासियों को #स्वतंत्रतादिवस की हार्दिक शुभकामनाएं। जय हिंद!— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) August 15, 2019
Happy Independence Day to all my fellow Indians. Jai Hind!