- 18 min ago Do You Constantly Throw Away Food? Here Are 21 Tips To Reduce Food Waste
- 1 hr ago Blurred Lips Trend Is On The Rise! Here’s How To Get It In 5 Easy Steps
- 4 hrs ago Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- 7 hrs ago Erica Fernandes Is The Epitome Of Beauty In Her Pretty Anarkali And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- News Does Centre have Rs 80,000 crore for COVID-19 vaccine, asks SII's Adar Poonawalla
- Sports IPL 2020: Jos Buttler excited to be back
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 India Pre-order Date, Price Revealed
- Movies Manjinder Singh Sirsa On Kshitij's Arrest: Asks How Many Top Stars Will Help Expose Bollywood
- Automobiles Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- Finance 3 IPOs And 2 Listings Ahead
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
As India is gearing up to celebrate its 73d Independence Day on 15th August, Thursday, Google has created a beautiful doodle to mark this special day. The day is itself a reminder of the bravery and sacrifices of the freedom fighters and revolutionaries who selflessly fought for their motherland against the oppressive british rule.
In 1947, on this same day, the first prime minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru raised the flag of free India from the Red Fort. This year in 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will kickstart the celebration at 7:30 am and address the nation from the Red Fort itself.
On Wednesday, 14th August, President Ramnath Kovind also addressed the nation, underlining the fact that India abides by "Live and let live" principle. He also mentioned what Mahatma Gandhi said that this nation should use its natural resources wisely and take care of the environment.
PM Modi took it to Twitter to wish his fellow Indians Independence day. Here's what he wrote- "Happy Independence Day to all my fellow Indians. Jai Hind!"
सभी देशवासियों को #स्वतंत्रतादिवस की हार्दिक शुभकामनाएं। जय हिंद!— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) August 15, 2019
Happy Independence Day to all my fellow Indians. Jai Hind!