- 1 hr ago Aamir Khan's Laal Singh Chaddha Look Is So In Tune With The Fashion Sensibilities Of A Common Man
- 1 hr ago Mickey Mouse 91st Birthday: Lesser Known Facts About Disney's Most Famous Cartoon Character
- 1 hr ago Dysphagia (Swallowing Difficulty): Types, Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 1 hr ago This Winter Season, Get Ready To Raise The Temperature With These New Hair Colour Trends
- News World record holder, live liver donor, entrepreneur…. Ankita Shrivastava shows impossible is nothing
- Sports Virat Kohli wins hearts with his sweet gesture for a special fan after victory in Indore Test
- Movies Aamir Khan Was Very 'Sorry' And 'Upset' When Thugs Of Hindostan Flopped At Box Office!
- Technology NoiseFit Evolve Smartwatch Launched Starting From Rs. 5,499
- Travel Gangotri - Truly A Hiker's Paradise
- Automobiles Mercedes-Benz 'Luxe Drive Live 2019' Held In Mumbai: A Unique Taste Of The Mercedes-Benz Lifestyle
- Finance HDFC Bank Cuts FD Interest Rates By As Much As 0.15%
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
As India is gearing up to celebrate its 73d Independence Day on 15th August, Thursday, Google has created a beautiful doodle to mark this special day. The day is itself a reminder of the bravery and sacrifices of the freedom fighters and revolutionaries who selflessly fought for their motherland against the oppressive british rule.
In 1947, on this same day, the first prime minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru raised the flag of free India from the Red Fort. This year in 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will kickstart the celebration at 7:30 am and address the nation from the Red Fort itself.
On Wednesday, 14th August, President Ramnath Kovind also addressed the nation, underlining the fact that India abides by "Live and let live" principle. He also mentioned what Mahatma Gandhi said that this nation should use its natural resources wisely and take care of the environment.
PM Modi took it to Twitter to wish his fellow Indians Independence day. Here's what he wrote- "Happy Independence Day to all my fellow Indians. Jai Hind!"
सभी देशवासियों को #स्वतंत्रतादिवस की हार्दिक शुभकामनाएं। जय हिंद!— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) August 15, 2019
Happy Independence Day to all my fellow Indians. Jai Hind!