- 1 hr ago Sherni Promotions: Vidya Balan’s Soft Yet Glam Makeup Look Is Wedding Worthy; Just Follow The Simple Steps!
- 3 hrs ago Your Classic Denim-On-Denim Edit Ft. Sanam Saeed And Mahira Khan
- 3 hrs ago Karishma Tanna Makes Us Feel Fresh And Lively With Her ‘Feel’ Printed Top; Pictures And It’s Price Inside!
- 5 hrs ago Anushka Sharma And Kalki Koechlin Give Us Cool Outfit Goals And Convince Us To Use Black And White Filter More
- News Officials from Twitter India appear before Parliamentary Panel headed by Shashi Tharoor
- Automobiles Hyundai Alcazar Bookings, Waiting Period & Delivery Details: Know Which Variant Has More Demand
- Finance PFRDA: 4 Recent Core Updates of NPS You Need To Know
- Technology Poco X3 GT Launch Inches Closer; Clears FCC Certification
- Movies Baba Ka Dhaba Owner Kanta Prasad Attempts Suicide; Admitted To Hospital
- Sports Wimbledon 2021 set for a grand return, schedule, big stars to participate, timings in IST, TV Channel Info
- Education Father’s Day 2021: Best Father’s Day Quotes, Essay And Speech Ideas
- Travel World Picnic Day 2021: 5 Best Picnic Spots To Visit In And Around Bangalore
Sipping a can of energy drinks soon after your daily jogging or after a tiring day at work might give you that instant energy, but did you know that it can cause serious harm to your health?
Researchers with the American Heart Association has warned that energy drinks can be life threatening, especially for those who already have blood pressure or cardiac issues.
According to the National Heath Institute energy drinks can cause major health conditions, right from brain haemorrhage, to problems with the heart and blood vessels.
The Institute has found that one couple apparently learned the hard way when the husband was left with a hole in his skull and suffered a brain haemorrhage after what doctors said was due to excessive energy drink consumption.
As per the NIH, the number of energy drink related emergency rooms visited doubled between 2007 and 2011, especially people over the age of 40.
So why are energy drinks actually harmful for the body? Energy drinks contains a large amounts of caffeine that can cause serious heart problem, blood flow and blood pressure problems issues.
Among the other health issues, energy drinks may also disrupt sleep patterns, cause anxiety, contribute to digestive problems, increase blood pressure and lead to dehydration, as per the NIH.
However, instead of energy drinks you could always opt for these natural drinks that are actually healthy. Take a look.
1. Coconut Water:
Coconut water is one of the healthiest drinks. It contains natural electrolytes and this help in providing instant energy.
Not just this, coconut water is also a good source of antioxidants, rich in essential nutrients and minerals that not just help in keeping the body hydrated but gives the body the required energy.
Buttermilk is basically the extract that is derived from the butter mixing process. It is sour in taste.
Buttermilk contains all essential macro nutrients - proteins, carbohydrates, minimal lipids, vitamins and essential enzymes that makes for a healthy drink. It helps in providing a refreshing feeling and is one of the best energizer.
3. Orange Juice:
Rich in vitamin C and a good source of fibre, orange juice helps in boosting the immune system and provides the body with the needed energy.
Orange is loaded with other essential nutrients and minerals that helps to reduce inflammation, improve blood circulation and helps balance the cholesterol level.
Green tea contains natural antioxidants that helps to provide you the needed energy after a stressful work. A cup of green tea is all that you need to drink after a stressful day. Green tea contains polyphenols that are known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties.