- 10 hrs ago Ramadan 2021: Is It Safe For People With Diabetes To Fast? COVID-19, Associated Risks And Management
- 11 hrs ago Ram Navami 2021: Different Names Of Lord Rama Along With Their Meanings
- 12 hrs ago Lily Collins, Dove Cameron, And Disha Patani Show How To Rock Pastel Makeup Like A Pro During Summer
- 13 hrs ago What Happens To Your Body And Mind When You Don't Eat Enough Food?
- Technology Week 16, 2021 Launch Roundup: ZTE Axon 30 Ultra, ASUS ROG Phone 5, Sony Xperia 10 III, And More
- Sports IPL 2021: MI vs SRH: Match report: Kieron Pollard, Rahul Chahar, Trent Boult shine for Mumbai Indians
- Movies Kaduva: The Prithviraj Sukumaran-Shaji Kailas Project Starts Rolling
- Automobiles Steelbird BRAT Series Of Helmets Launched In India: Developed In Association With Blauer
- News Madhya Pradesh: Corona curfew extended in Bhopal till Apr 26
- Finance What is Demand Draft Validity Period?
- Education Bangalore University UG And PG Exams Postponed Indefinitely
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Manali In April
KASHISH is proud to announce that popular actress Renuka Shahane and national award winning filmmaker Onir have joined its Advisory Board, alongwith previous eminent board members like theater personality Dolly Thakore, National award winning filmmaker Arunaraje Patil, president of Whistling Woods Meghna Ghai Puri and communications specialist Roy Wadia.
Sridhar Rangayan, festival director, said, "We are thrilled to announce reconstitution of the KASHISH Advisory Board, with inclusion of two amazing members - Renuka Shahane and Onir, two young, accomplished creative persons who will add great value to the already eminent board. Together we are looking forward to building a progressive and inclusive festival."
"I am so happy to be on the Advisory Board of KASHISH. It will give me the opportunity to spread the message of inclusivity and break prejudices about the LGBTQIA community that still exist. To change the mindset of people is a long, uphill struggle. Film festivals like KASHISH are very important as they have been instrumental in pushing the envelope in changing the attitude of people. KASHISH also gives the LGBTQIA community a secure, loving space for artistic expression and social interaction. I am looking forward to being a part of the change I would like to see, one step at a time, towards unconditional inclusiveness and equality and towards a society where all love is considered equally valid and beautiful!", said Renuka Shahane whose film Tribangha as director will be releasing on Netflix soon.
"It's a privilege to be in the advisory board of the largest queer film festival in South Asia . I look forward to working with the team and looking at how we can have better representation of all the shades in the queer lives spectrum, be it in the films we screen or the people behind the scene. We also want to work towards being more inclusive in trying to have narrative representation from smaller towns and also in various languages", said Onir who is currently working on his dream project We Are, a sequel to his national award winning film I Am.
The organizers said the Advisory Board met recently virtually and discussed the way ahead for the festival.
KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival, South Asia's biggest LGBTQIA+ film festival, is being held May 20-30th, 2021 virtually again this year, with a possibility of a one or two ground event. The organizers have announced the theme for the festival, which is 'Unlock With Pride', representing the festival's mission to unlock geographical & racial barriers, and encourage love & acceptance of LGBTQIA+ individuals, and thereby unlock a new normal of hope for everyone.
Film submissions to KASHISH 2021is open currently to all formats of long and short films from around the world, dealing with LGBTQIA+ themes. Filmmakers can submit through FilmFreeway : https://filmfreeway.com/KASHISH2021
For more information about KASHISH, please check http://mumbaiqueerfest.com