- 14 min ago New Sperm-Blocking Gel Offers Reliable Contraception; An Alternative To Hormonal Birth Control
- 1 hr ago Why Being Kind Is Good For You, Others And The World
- 2 hrs ago Happy Gita Jayanti 2022: Quotes, Wishes, Posters, Messages, Whatsapp Status
- 2 hrs ago Pelé Biography: Know About Brazilian Football Legend's Early Life, Career, Family And Achievements
- Finance Multibagger Packaging Stock Sets Record Date For Share Buyback, Shares Rally
- Automobiles Tata Motors Sales Report November 2022 - PV Sales Rise By 27 Per Cent
- Movies Gatta Kusthi First Review: ‘All Center Will Go Gaga For Gatta Kusthi’ Says Gulu Gulu Director Rathna Kumar!
- News US-India joint military exercise has nothing to do with 1993, 1996 agreements: MEA rejects Chinese objections
- Sports Pakistan vs England Rawalpindi Test: Full list of records created by English batters on Day 1
- Technology Moto X40 Pro High-Quality Renders, Video Leaked: Can It Challenge Other Flagship Devices?
- Education CLAT Hall Ticket 2023 will be out n 1st week of December 2022: Get the Direct Link & Steps to Download the Hal
- Travel What Is G20 Presidency And What ASI Sites To Be Illuminated From Dec 1 To 7, Know Details
Meet Kimiko Nishimoto, the living embodiment of age is just a number, you are never too late to start something new and more in the same lines - you get my vibe right?
Kimiko Nishimoto discovered Photoshop one fine day and now she's an internet celeb and probably the coolest granny out there. A former housewife in her nineties, Kimiko Nishimoto discovered photography when she was 72 years old.
Yes, the artist initially touched a camera for the first time at the age of 72 during "Yubijuku," a photography course run by her eldest son, Kazutami. Her creative works have a distinct originality.
Since then, she hasn't put her camera down and has transitioned from photographing still life to trying her hand at self-portraits - and is still going strong - with 311k followers on Instagram.
In her youth, Nishimoto was an outgoing individual. At 20, she took up competitive cycling as she was bored with working in the salon that her father had opened for her.
At the age of 22, she became a female bicycle racer after closing down her beauty salon, obtaining a Class A license from a bicycle racing school, and becoming a bicycle racer because of her admiration for her two younger brothers, who became bicycle racers and toured the country.
She retired from racing at the age of 27 after marrying Hitoshi Nishimoto, a tax office employee in charge of her family's tax affairs.
Nishimoto would likely have continued with competitive cycling if she had not met her future husband, Hitoshi.
Even though Nishimoto had never handled a camera before, she found the world of photography fascinating.
Kimiko said to a reporter, "Cameras have opened a window to another world for me. It'd be boring just sitting around the house all day. I love the sound of a shutter clicking."
Before becoming an internet celebrity, Kimiko was a hairdresser, a track cyclist, and a homemaker.
In some photos, Nishimoto portrays herself in the vicinity of her home in Kumamoto as a victim of a scooter or bike accident, half-flattened by a car, or flying through the air in an electric wheelchair at light speed.
"I just want to try to bring people joy", she explains to reporters. "Taking photos is the secret to my happiness. I'll keep doing it for as long as I live."
Instagram's favourite grandma usully does indoor shoots, due to her weak back.
Kimiko Nishimoto's work can be found on Instagram.
- pulseWorld Photography Day 2022: Date, Theme, History, Celebrations, Significance and Activities
- art cultureWorld Photography Day 2022: Here Are 13 Photography Tips For Smartphone Users
- womenLegendary Street And Portrait Photographer Sabine Weiss Passes Away At 97
- art cultureHow The German-Turkish Labor Agreement Influenced The Arts
- lifeWorld Photography Day 2021: Some Interesting Facts That Will Amaze You
- lifeReal-life Stories: The Journey Photos Of A 10-Year-Old Cancer Patient Will Melt Your Heart
- lifeReal-Life Stories: When Groom Plunged To Save The Life Of A Drowning Kid
- pulseThe Photographer Who Beautifully Captured The Moment Of Unexpected Kisses
- pulseArtist Expresses Love Story Through Comics
- pulse“The Witch Hunt” Photo-series On Behalf Of Women
- pulsePowerful NSFW Pictures Of Childbirth
- love and romanceThese Pics Of A Trans Woman & Her Husband Will Melt Your Heart