- 4 hrs ago World Osteoporosis Day 2019: Date, Theme And History
- 7 hrs ago Bacterial Vaginosis: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment & Prevention
- 8 hrs ago So, Here Are Some Bollywood Fashion Scoops Of The Day For Outfits Inspiration
- 8 hrs ago Diwali 2019: Let Bollywood Divas Inspire You To Wear Gorgeous Light Festive Outfits
- Movies From SRK To Kangana Ranaut, Celebs Mark 150th Birth Anniversary Of Gandhi With ‘Change Within’
- News Choppers, drones, 3 lakh personnel: Maharashtra turns into a fortress ahead of polls
- Sports Premier League Review: Alli saves Spurs as Chelsea and Leicester City march on
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- Finance 5 Stocks That Rose The Most This Week
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Technology BSNL Might Bring Cable TV, Broadband, Landline Services Under One Bill: Report
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
While organic foods are the latest fad, there is quite a risk involved at the same time as sellers tend to fool their customers by tricking them with the products.
One such is this case where sellers are fooling their buyers into buying shrimp that looks healthy and juicy. A close look at the shrimp reveals the dark practice of injecting it with gelatin!
Check out more details on the same.
A Woman Found Out Gelatin-Filled Shrimps
A woman was peeling the fresh shrimps that she had bought. She was horrified when she realised that the head of the giant tiger shrimp that she had purchased was stuffed with translucent gelatin.
This Is Not The First Instance...
According to reports, this is not the first time that the Chinese have found jelly-like substances in shrimps. It is reported that this practice has been happening in different parts of China, especially since 2012.
Injecting Gelatin Is Done For Many Purposes
Since shrimps are shrivelled and dry after defrosting, sellers tend to pump the shrimps with gelatin to make them look healthy, plumper and even fresher! On the other hand, the gelatin provides additional 20 to 30 per cent of the original weight, which adds more moolah to the sellers!
The Only Fear...
The only fear the customers are left with is to find out whether the shrimps that contain gelatin can be consumed by humans. Because, the cheap industrial gelatin is harmful for consumption.
The choice is left to the customers - whether to go ahead and still relish these shrimps or just give them up!
What do you think? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.