- News Man detained for shouting 'Down down NPA' minutes before FM arrives for CAA event
- Sports McGregor basks in stunning comeback: Etch my name in history one more time
- Technology Indian IT Ministry Issues Social Media Guidelines For Account Identity Verification
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 7 Box Office Collection: The Film Crosses 100 Crore In Just One Week!
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
This is the story of Linda Rowe Thomas who is an author, inspirational keynote speaker and a philanthropist. She has utilised her misfortunes to motivate other burn survivors to lead a regular life.
When she was two years old, Linda survived a house fire, which left her with facial scarring. In the accident, her fingers on her left hand had to be removed.
Since then, she endured countless surgeries and skin grafts on her hands and face. Her operations continued until she was in her late twenties. This is something that did not stop her from pursuing her fashion dreams.
After spending years to improve her sewing skills, she finally started her own fashion line known as 'Romas'. Since then the designer has had seven shows at New York Fashion Week.
With her hard work really being appreciated, her clothing has been worn by WNBA Champion Candice Wiggins at the Golden Globes and actress Erica Ash at the BET Awards.
Even though Linda is quite a famous designer, she reveals that she still deals with stares and offensive comments from strangers and this is something that has helped her learn to embrace herself.
What do you think of her inspirational story? Let us know in the comment section below.