With Google doodle releasing new doodles each day and today being the 10th day of the Winter Olympics 2018, it brings a curiosity among the people to get to know more about the winter games.
The 10th day doodle of the Olympics focuses on cross-country skiing.
Find out more about the doodle and the game below.
The Doodle Is All About…
This is one of the cutest doodles that you would have seen that is made during this event. The doodle takes us back to the well-known hare-tortoise rivalry, but this time on ice.
About Today’s Doodle
In this doodle, we can watch the hare and tortoise in the competition. The moment the race is flagged off by the referee mouse, the hare initially is seen heading the race with a flying start at a speed of 64 kmph. On the other hand, the tortoise starts inching forward with full determination, but is just too slow.
The Twist In The Game
In a sweet strange twist, the hare seems to stop and check on his opponent. He is seen dropping his skiies and heads back towards the beginning of the course to help out the tortoise.
They Skii Together!
Both the hare and tortoise get back on the skiies and it shows us the great sportsmanship from the hare who decides to pick up the tortoise and head towards the finish line together. They both cross the finish line together, making both of them the winners.
About Cross-country Skiing
This game involves gliding across a snow-covered field in the fastest time possible. The course of the game involves 3 equal segments of uphill, level and downhill fields and athletes are required to employ classic or skate-skiing techniques.
More About The Game
According to Google, in its blog, it explains that cross-country skiing does not involve difficult turns and jumps but is mostly a test of endurance.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India Likely To Surpasses The UK In The World's Largest Economy Rankings
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Indian Railways Set To Enter $200 Bn Global Semi-High-Speed Market With Train 18
- Nissan’s NV300 Concept Is The Van Every Workaholic Traveller Needs To Have
- "Dhoni Is Still The World's Best ODI Finisher," Says Chappel
- 7 Apps That PC Gamers Should Use
- Govinda-Movie Rangeela Raja Super Flop; Gets Zero Rating
- Kangana Ranaut Promotes Eco-friendly Fashion With This Green Gown