- 7 min ago Coronavirus Face Masks: Types, When And How To Use
- 57 min ago Karishma Tanna And Yashika Aannand In Shimmery Red Embroidered Outfits, Who Looked More Gorgeous?
- 1 hr ago 4 Amazing Ways To Use Highlighter You Need To Know ASAP
- 3 hrs ago Rasika Dugal Exudes Retro Vibes In A Simple And Sober Black And White Kurta Set
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In South India In April
- Movies Kareena Kapoor's 'In-House Picasso' Taimur Draws 'A Day At The Beach' And It's Too Cute!
- Finance Financial Services, Banking Stocks See Massive Correction
- News Delhi: Doctors on COVID-19 duty at 2 city hospitals to be accommodated at Lalit Hotel
- Technology OnePlus 8 Pro Camera Details Revealed: Sony IMX689 Primary Sensor Tipped
- Automobiles Coronavirus Pandemic: Indian Army Modifies Bus To Carry Coronavirus Patients Along With Medical Aids
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Australia denies collusion rumours in decision to pull out of Games
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
Antaragni, literally meaning the 'Fire Within', is a celebration of the creative spirit and youthful energy inherent in the country's college students. Antaragni 2014, the cultural festival of IIT Kanpur, is one of the most sought-after fests in the country. It attracts participation from over 200 colleges and thousands of students, who are ready to do all it takes to be there for the 4-day fest.
‘Aham Bhokalam' is this year's theme. It perfectly portrays the spirit of Antaragni - the unfathomable power of the human will - of unleashing the power within. ‘Aham Bhokalam' for us (college students) is a celebration of our indomitable spirit, finding new meaning in conventional wisdoms, creating our own paths, exploring territories where no man or woman has ever gone before and to use that line, being open to the different choices that people make.
The carnival will last for 4 days with each culminating in a professional night namely Prima nocta, Blitzkrieg, Synchronicity and the newest addition to the plethora, Reverberation (EDM). These feature the best of musical artists in the country who will make the crowd go crazy with their music.
Another major event at the festival is Ritambhara, the fashion and design carnival. This carnival consists of a fashion competition, an E-Design competition, interactive talks and professionally conducted ramp walking workshop.
A total of 54 competitions under eight categories including dance, dramatics, musicals, fine arts, quiz, musical events, English and Hindi literary events, and films and photography will be held.
Some of the events, which Antaragni is famous for, include Nukkad, Jitterbug (group dance), Estampie (street dance), Broadway (play) and General Quiz in which several participants will contest to win prizes and goodies.
With so much happening in four days, it certainly is a great crowd puller with an expected footfall of twenty thousand at the finale night.
It is an endeavour to promote change and excellence as Antaragni stands for the aspirations of thousands of students who after months of practice compete against the best in the country. The event bears testimony to Antaragni's legacy and its ability to infuse change.
<center><iframe width="100%" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/g1qUuEADdHw?list=UUohOjx_USTqaGagZQEoSGEQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></center>