- Technology Upcoming Samsung Premium Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- News Democrats to make case against Trump at Senate impeachment trial
- Movies Troll Asks Shah Rukh Khan To Respond To His Failures, ‘Bas Aap Dua Mein Yaad Rakhna’ Is His Reply!
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Post work. You have to rush back home. Prepare dinner. Get back to bed early, as you have another 5.30 alarm waiting for you! How many times have you wished that you could do work from home? Something that would keep you away from all the rush. Something that would keep you engaged and allow you to earn enough. And overall, allow you to do what you love the most, be your own boss!
Working mothers are the ones who are most affected by these problems. They have to cater to their family as well as dedicate their best at work. So, if you are looking for a change from work from office to work from home, go through the below mentioned tips.
Tips to work from home:
1. Choose the work you enjoy or have always wanted to do. Discuss about your business with your family. Take suggestions that would help you set up the business. Explain about the changes that would affect the family lifestyle and their probable roles in the upcoming business.
2. Interact with friends who are already working from home. Though the businesses might be entirely different, the basic do's and dont's are often similar. Learn from their experiences.
3. Work is worship. Devote time to your work and respect your work. Don't let people get the impression that you are working at home to stay away from the hassles or are just trying to make some extra money. Do not run errands for friends and family during your work hours.
4. Designate a separate workplace with basic facilities such as separate phone line, computer etc. This place need not be a replica of a posh CEO room, it should just draw a clear line between work and family. Remember to keep up a professional attitude even while at home.
5. If your business is not the main source of income for the family, do not focus too much about the monetary benefits. Just enjoy and build a happy life with it.
6. The main reason for you to work from home is to be closer to your family. However, do not overindulge in it. Let your family realize that you are doing this to adjust to their lifestyle, so you too expect the same from them.
7. Don't banish the maid just because you are staying at home. This will add up to your work schedule at home and you actually do not enjoy the benefits of working from home. If you are a working mother and have a little child who needs regular attention, try to arrange for someone to take care of her.
8. Since you are the entrepreneur when you are at home, you have a lot of chances to expand. But do not hurry. Check your resources, budget and time allocation before you expand.
9. Self-motivation is something that you have to do. Celebrate your achievements with your family and let them know how well you are doing. This will help you do better in future as well.
10. Working from home might make you feel isolated. However, keeping in touch with related business through networking sites would help you create business relationships.
These work from home tips are something that every woman can look up to, specially mothers.