- 27 min ago COVID-19: How To Care For People With Alzheimer’s During The Lockdown
- 1 hr ago How To Cut Your Own Hair And Not Regret It Later!
- 1 hr ago COVID-19: What is R0 And What Does It Tell About A Pandemic?
- 2 hrs ago Pranutan Bahl Surprises Us With Her Bold Blue Dress And Butterfly Wings-Inspired Sandals
- Sports ATP chief hoping for Roland Garros and clay-court season in September
- Movies Hansal Mehta On Recreation Of Masakali: Stop Consuming S**t, People Will Stop Producing It
- News 8 ESIC hospitals with 1,042 beds declared COVID-19 facilities for all insured persons
- Technology LG Teases Upcoming Smartphone Revealing Raindrop Camera, Design
- Automobiles Maruti Ertiga Becomes India’s Best-Selling MPV In FY 2019-20: Registers Over 90,000 Units of Sales
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Richest Indian On Forbes Billionaires List 2020
- Education Impact of Coronavirus on College Education in India: Dr Swati Mujumdar, Symbiosis, Speaks
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In April
On the wake of 2011, trends is the hot topic. Trends for beauty, fashion, style, so, why leave out on food? Trends of food also change with time and with 'globalisation' you can now have the whole world in one platter. Variety is the spice of life and at present variety in food is what people constantly crave for.
With the hangover of the festive season still very much present, food trends of 2011 is what is being introduced by all the restaurants. Liz Vaccariello, the editor-in-chief of New York Daily, picks up three food trends of 2011.
1.Gourmet Airport Food
Festive season is the time people constantly are on travelling. They almost live on the airport food and the airports this season has set the food trends of 2011optimally. They have the taste of every region. "Food is comforting, and with all the hassles of flying these days, that is more important than ever. Also, airport dining is one last opportunity to get a taste of the town. The local chefs are finding out that this is their chance to leave either the first taste or last taste in New York City.
"The best chefs in the city are recognizing that people who travel tend to be people who care about food.Another part of the issue is that the food on planes is so bad and you have to pay for it now. So people want to eat before they get on the plane and they want to eat well," says Vaccariello.
According to Vaccariello, one of the major food trends of 2011 is pies. They are back on the festive dining table. Restaurants, in house parties, cookery books and cookery shows are all focusing on providing variety to pies. Pies from their normal boring and limited self have now undergone a complete renovation. Pecan pie is one the most famous pies this season.
3. Hot Dogs
Hot dogs are in trends too. You might be thinking whats different about hot dogs, you grab one everyday. The difference is that in 2011, hot dogs are dressed in a completely new look and taste. They now come in varied shapes and interesting toppings. The variety toppings actually count to 15 different kinds.
The most interesting kind is the pickle hot dog with mustard. They taste heavenly and is the most desired thing for every growling stomach and foodie person.
So, all the foodies out there, catch up with the food trend 2011, to quench the need of your tastebuds.