- Technology Upcoming Samsung Premium Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- News Democrats to make case against Trump at Senate impeachment trial
- Movies Troll Asks Shah Rukh Khan To Respond To His Failures, ‘Bas Aap Dua Mein Yaad Rakhna’ Is His Reply!
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Tracey and Vivian Williams, who had a novel theme for wedding says that their friends made jokes on them that they looked like a cartoon couple and then the idea originated. They did not take offense at the comparison to the animated comedy characters and instead took it as a challenge to treat the friends with the same themed bash.
The bride daubed herself in green body paint, fake ears and a bright red wig to make the conversion to Princess Fiona. The costume of the bridegroom was a bright checked trousers and he also painted himself in green colour.
The couple paraded through the streets in a horse-drawn carriage, after they were married at Bridgend Register Office. Guests and animation,bride,costumes,family,wedding members also joined in and dressed up as characters from the animated film.
“When we got together, Shrek was the first film we watched. We got addicted to Shrek and Fiona soon after," says Tracey.
“People always said we looked like the characters when we went on nights out. Even though Shrek and Fiona are both green ogres, we didn"t take offence because we like them so much. Everyone said I made a lovely Princess Fiona and Viv was the perfect Shrek," adds the bride.
She also reveals that her husband was happy to join in with his bride's wishes.
“Neither of us needed persuading at all. We were both as keen as each other," states Williams.
“Everyone joined in for the wedding. The best man was dressed as Monsieur Hood, my dad was Lord Farquaad, my mother was the Fairy Godmother, and the maid of honour was Snow White," Tracey explains.