- Sports Australian Open 2020: Novak Djokovic results and form ahead of first-round match with Jan-Lennard Struff
- News TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu asks CM Jagan Reddy not to shift capital from Amaravati
- Technology Indian IT Ministry Issues Social Media Guidelines For Account Identity Verification
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 7 Box Office Collection: The Film Crosses 100 Crore In Just One Week!
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
The new portable device, manufactured by Unisensor Sensorsysteme, Karlsruhe, Germany, is said to be available for 3,000 pounds. The device is fitted with a spectrometer that plays a key role in measuring the alcohol content.
The new alcohol detection kit gives results similar to the laboratory tests. The powerful lab equipments are costly and takes a lot of time too. Compared to those, the new alcohol measuring kit is much feasible and faster. It gives accurate results too.
"To detect the amount of alcohol in any drink takes not more than a minute," said a scientist.
Dirk Lachenmeier of the Chemical and Veterinary Investigation testing agency in Karlsruhe helped to develop and test the technology.The test results have been published in Chemistry Central Journal.