- 4 hrs ago What Are The Reasons Behind Your Frequent Headaches?
- 11 hrs ago How To Contour Nose: Step-By-Step Tutorial For Beginners
- 13 hrs ago Independence Day 2020: Perfect Ethnic Outfits For The Special Occasion From B-Town Divas’ Wardrobe
- 14 hrs ago Independence Day 2020: Jewellery Goals From Leading Actresses For Stay-at-Home Independence Day
- Sports MS Dhoni retires: A timeline of Mr Ice Cool's illustrious career
- Movies Indraneil Sengupta Reacts To Backlash He Drew For Calling Barkha ‘Neighbours Envy, Owner’s Pride'
- News Biden promises to reform H-1B visa system, eliminate country quota for Green Cards
- Finance 9 Simple Measures To Fix Error In Your Income Tax Return
- Automobiles Kevin Raahul Enters Asia Book Of Records After Identifying 150 Car Logos In One Minute
- Travel Indians Visiting Nepal Will Now Have To Show Their ID cards
- Technology NVIDIA GeForce Special Event Announced; What To Expect?
- Education Independence Day Q And A: Test Your Knowledge On The Indian Independence Struggle
valentines day celebrations vary from country to country. Read some of the interesting facts about valentines day in other cultures.
Denmark is known for Danish valentine cards. These lovers card when held up to the light shows the picture of a lover handing his love a gift. While some Danish people exchange poems and candy snowdrops on this day the others send love notes. These are naughty love notes called 'gaekkebrev', on which the sender signs his or her name in dots. If the receiver guesses the right name he will get a candy egg at Easter time.
valentines day is celebrated as a grand festival in Scotland. Equal numbers of young unmarried men and women participate in the festival. Each of them will write their name on a piece of paper. The chits are placed in two different hats as one for men and the other for ladies. Both of them may end up with two different valentines but the rules states that the young man should stick to the valentine who has chosen him first.
After the group split into couples, gifts are given to ladies and the ladies would then wear the name of their valentine in their heart or on their sleeve. This festival usually leads to marriages or romances at the end of the day.
Koreans celebrate with the traditional gift of candy from females to males on February 14. Men give their gifts to their beloved only after a month on " white day". This day many men confess their love for the first time to their sweethearts.
Koreans have kept aside a special day as "Black day" on April 14, for people who did not receive anything for valentines day. On this day all singles eat Jajangmyun, a Chinese style noodles in black sauce together.
Due to westernization February 14 is celebrated as valentines day in Taiwan. However they also celebrate a traditional valentines day on July 7of the lunar calendar. On this day men get expensive bouquet of roses and other flowers to their beloved.
Number of roses in the bouquet, foretell a message to their sweetheart. According to the Taiwan tradition, one red rose means, " my only love", eleven rose mean, " my favourite", ninety-nine roses mean, " love you forever", and 108 roses means, " Marry me".
Slovenia is one of the top valentine destinations. Here are some of the interesting facts regarding its traditions and celebrations.
- They believe that the birds propose to each other or marry on this day.