- 7 hrs ago Did You Know That Sleeping Naked (With Your Partner) Can Help Reduce Stress & Boost Self-esteem
- 8 hrs ago 10 Things Your Mother-In-Law Would Never Tell You
- 10 hrs ago 7 Interesting Things That May Happen On The Next Day Of Your Marriage
- 11 hrs ago How To Treat Ear Pain Caused By Common Cold? Home Remedies And Precautions
- Finance Income Tax Dept. Extends ITR Filing Deadline To Nov 30 For Fy 20
- Movies Kangana Ranaut’s Team Picks On Taapsee Pannu; Says She Gets Awards For Attacking Kangana
- News 5 July 2020 Lunar Eclipse: Time, duration, visibility from India
- Technology Beware Of Fake TikTok Pro App; It Could Be Spyware Or Malware
- Sports F1 2020: Starting grid and race preview for Austrian Grand Prix
- Automobiles Hyundai Venue To Be Offered With iMT Clutchless Manual Transmission In India
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
World Music Day is celebrated every year on 21 June 2020. It is also known as Fete de la Musique and is observed to honour the professional and amateur musicians across the world. More than 120 countries celebrate World Music Day by organising various concerts in the streets, museums, parks, stations and other public places. It is also observed to encourage the musicians to display their talents in the open. Today we are here to tell you more about this day. Scroll down the article to read.
History Of World Music Day
France's Minister of Culture, Jack Lang along with Maurice Fleuret, a French composer, radio producer, music journalist, festival organiser and arts administrator. The day was first organised in Paris on the summer solstice day in 1982. Since then, this day is celebrated every year on the summer solstice day.
Significance Of World Music Day
- The main intention behind observing this day is to encourage musicians across the world to display their talent.
- It is also observed to provide free music to people who love listening to it.
- Therefore, amateur musicians are motivated to perform in their neighbourhood and public places around them.
- Young talents are also allowed to showcase their talents.
- People also acknowledge some legendary musicians and their contribution to the music industry.
- On this day, those who are undergoing severe mental health issues are also given free music therapy.
- However, this year the celebration will be a bit different due to the outbreak of coronavirus.
- Virtual concerts and programmes will be organised.
- Some companies are also planning to organise virtual music competitions to make the day more enjoyable and memorable.
We hope that you will also enjoy this day with full enthusiasm.