- 2 hrs ago Shilpa Shetty Kundra Flaunts INR 25K Pink Saree Dress At Her Maldives Vacation And We Want It Too!
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 27 February 2021
- 18 hrs ago Your Friday Fashion Roundup Ft. Parineeti Chopra, Shahana Goswami, And Amyra Dastur
- 18 hrs ago Maha Shivratri 2021: Powerful Mantras Of Lord Shiva That You Can Chant
- Sports We need to get into the match-groove quickly: PR Sreejesh
- News Saudi crown prince approved killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi US intel
- Technology AMD Radeon RX 6700 Likely To Launch On Mark 3: RTX 3060 Alternative?
- Automobiles Renault Kiger Deliveries To Begin From 3 March 2021: Read More To Know About The Compact SUV!
- Movies Sonakshi Sinha Lauds Hima Das For Being Appointed As DSP Of Assam; Says 'Just Looking At This Makes So Proud'
- Finance Aadhaar Myths Debunked: Know Facts About Aadhaar
- Education Delhi University Convocation 2021: Check DU 97th Convocation Latest Updates
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
With India still fighting with the coronavirus outbreak, the celebrations of 74th Independence Day will be carried out with extra safety. Unlike every year where we dressed up in our best clothes, saw our tricolour soaring high in the sky and enjoying the day with contentment in our hearts, we may not be able to do the same this year. But that doesn't mean we won't be able to enjoy this day.
This 15 August 2020, you can celebrate the 74th Independence day with some of the below-mentioned ways. These ways will not only help you in celebrating this national festival but will also ensure that you are safe from the COVID-19. Read on:
1. Organise A Tricolour Competition At Your Place
This is one of the interesting ways to celebrate Independence Day at your home without going out. The competition can be either decorating a flower pot or pen-stand and something else in tricolour or getting ready in a tricolour ensemble. You can also ask your neighbours, family members or friends, to prepare some recipes having tricolour in it. You can also invite some of your friends or relatives at your place for the competition but make sure you are taking the safety measures necessary for stopping the spread of coronavirus.
2. Binge-Watch Some Patriotic Movies
If you are die-hard fan of movies and are always ready to watch some or the other movie, then how about watching some patriotic movies on this day? There are so many movies that show the freedom struggle and how our freedom fighters fought for gaining independence from the British Raj. There are some movies made on Rani Laxmi Bai, Bhagat Singh and many more. You can watch those with your family members and enjoy the day.
3. Have A Rangoli-Making Competition
Talking about celebrating Independence Day and not mentioning rangoli, is totally impossible. If you are bored and are looking for a change in this lockdown, then how about having a rangoli-making competition in your society, building or with just some of your relatives? You can also have a virtual rangoli making competition. For this, you can ask your friends and family to make rangoli at their places and share pictures of the same. The best one can then get a gift as a prize.
4. Play Antakshari On Patriotic Songs
If you have ever played antakshari, you won't deny that it is quite engaging and interesting. But this Independence Day, you don't have to play the traditional antakshari where you sing Bollywood songs. In fact, this time you can sing patriotic songs while you are playing antakshari with your loved ones. In case, you do not want to sing; you can have a competition where you are able to recognise certain freedom fighters just by seeing their pictures or by going through their quotes.
5. Bake A Tricolour Cake
Are you nostalgic about the times when you used to have sweets on Independence Day? Well, you can relive those days in a bit different ways. For this, you can think of baking a tricolour cake on this Independence Day and enjoying it with your friends and family members. You can also think of making some other sweet dishes to enjoy with your loved ones.
6. Paint Something Memorable
We know that you have spent so many months sitting at your home and thus it is obvious for anyone to get bored. Therefore, this Independence Day, why don't you try doing something useful and productive. For example, you can either paint a t-shirt in tricolour or scenery on 15 August 2020. You can also paint your family photo or a picture of your pet dog.
7. Throw A Tricolour Theme Selfie Challenge On Social Media
There's nothing strange in throwing and accepting various challenges on social media. This Independence Day, you can think of giving challenges to your friends to upload their selfies in a tricolour-theme. You can also ask them to make some videos related to Independence Day. For example, they can either lip-sync on any patriotic dialogue.
Apart from the above-mentioned points, you can think of helping needy people and those who are underprivileged. You can also think of visiting an orphanage or old-age home and distribute clothes, food items and first-aid kits. Trust us, these ways will help you in celebrating Independence Day in a memorable way.
We wish you a Happy Independence Day.