When a person gains popularity, there comes a time when they lose out on friends and family, but lucky are those who have friends for life.
This is what happened to Selena Gomez as well who had been unwell for quite some time now, as she suffered from Lupus. Her best friend of 8 years came in to her rescue by donating a kidney.
You May Also Like To Read: What's The Identity Of This Model? Male Or Female?
Check out her incredible 'thank you' post...
She Was Diagnosed With Lupus…
It was 2015 when Selena Gomez revealed that she was diagnosed with Lupus. She had even taken some time off, as she struggled with the disease, anxiety and depression.
She Posted About It:
"I'm very aware some of my fans had noticed I was laying low for part of the summer and questioning why I wasn't promoting my new music, which I was extremely proud of. So I found out I needed to get a kidney transplant due to my Lupus and was recovering. It was what I needed to do for my overall health. I honestly look forward to sharing with you, soon my journey through these past several months as I have always wanted to do with you. Until then I want to publicly thank my family and incredible team of doctors for everything they have done for me prior to and post-surgery. And finally, there aren't words to describe how I can possibly thank my beautiful friend Francia Raisa. She gave me the ultimate gift and sacrifice by donating her kidney to me. I am incredibly blessed. I love you so much sis. Lupus continues to be very misunderstood but progress is being made. For more information regarding Lupus please go to the Lupus Research Alliance website: www.lupusresearch.org/ -by grace through faith."
Her Friend Francia Could Not Be Less Happy As She Shared…
Her post read, "I am beyond grateful that God would trust me with something that not only saved a life, but changed mine in the process. This was part of our story, and we will share it soon, but what is important now is that this is not the only story.
For more information regarding Lupus, please go to the Lupus Research Alliance website: www.lupusresearch.org -- Love you sis, so glad we're on this journey together."
Their Friendship Seems To Get Stronger Over The Years…
They both have been best friends for over eight years now. They were stars of the shows on Disney and ABC Family and they had met while visiting a children's hospital where they quickly bonded for life.
Now, that's some relationship bonds that are truly made in heaven!
- Top 6 February Fashion Tips For Transitioning From Winter To Spring
- The Mystery About Bruce Lee's Death; Revealed!
- The List Of Cricketers And Their Wives Sharing A Huge Age Difference
- Celebrities Who Were Sexually Abused
- Things You Did Not Know About Bill Gate's Lifestyle
- Celebs Who Pay Fat Cheques To Their Gym Trainers
- Everything That You Need To Know About Jackie Chan
- You Won't Believe How Much These Celebs Earn Per Instagram Post!
- This Instagrammer Can Give Dan Bilzerian A Run For His Money
- KBC Winners And What They Are Up To Now
- Celebrities Whose Mugshots Have Gone Viral
- John Cena And Nikki Bella Stripped Naked For This Reason!!
- Real Life Stories: Horrific Images Of The Girl Who Was Starved By Her Grandfather