During an important event or during an exam time, most of the times, we Indians perform an aarti of the person going in for the important task and apply tilak on to them.
Application of tilak is considered to be a significant and lucky gesture. But when the person applies a tilak to the wearer, and uses different fingers, then it is said to have a specific meaning of the finger being used.
Here, we at Boldsky, bring to you information on the meaning of applying a tilak from different fingers.
Middle Finger: Brings Prosperity
According to the belief, it is said that applying a tilak on the wearer using the middle finger will bring in good luck and prosperity. According to the Hindu mythology, Saturn which is also known as Shani is at the base of the middle finger. It is known as the protector of life and hence gets activated when you use this finger to apply a tilak. The wearer would experience good health, wealth and prosperity into their lives.
Ring Finger: Peace
If you want the wearer to have a peaceful life, then use your ring finger to apply a tilak on to this person. Since Saturn resides at the base of the middle finger, the sun resides at the base of the Ring finger. According to the vedas, applying a tilak using the ring finger could awaken the Agya Chakra on the forehead. This is one of the reasons why we all apply a Tilak on Gods and Goddesses using this finger.
Thumb Finger: Strength
According to the vedas, the planet Venus is at the base of the thumb. It is said that applying it using this finger brings health and wealth to the person. On the other hand, if someone is sick in the family, then applying a sandalwood tilak on the patient's forehead using the thumb finger would nurse him soon to good health.
Index Finger: Moksha
If you always desire to attain moksha, then you should not use the index finger to apply Tilak on anyone, as it signifies the end of a human being's journey in this world. One needs to remember that only when a person is dead, you should apply the tilak on him/her using your index finger, so that the person breaks away from the cycles of life and death and attains moksha or salvation.
So, make sure you use the right finger properly. Wish to get enlightened on more such topics? Then, let us know in the comment section below.
- All About Aries Career Growth For 2018
- 6 Zodiac Signs That Are Always Misunderstood
- Ranking Of The Most Greedy Signs Of The Zodiac
- What Does Your Nose Shape Reveal About You?
- Zodiac Signs That Are Ranked To Be The Most Selfless Signs
- 8 Characteristics Of People Whose Name Starts With The Letter “R”
- Your Zodiac Power Colours Enhances Your Spiritual Energy
- Attention! Find Out How Rich You Would Get Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- What Does Your Nail Shape Reveal About Your Personality
- Zodiac Signs That Will Experience The Biggest Life Shifts In 2018
- This Dog Has A Human Face And It's Freaking People Out
- These 5 Zodiacs Will Find True Love In The Last Week Of March!
- Daily Horoscope: 18 March 2018