- 11 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 12 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 12 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- 13 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Zendaya, Shraddha Kapoor, Hina Khan & More
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
The phenomenon of serving bigger portions on bigger plates, which has occured gradually over the millenium pushes people to overeat.
The researchers who took the 52 most famous paintings of the Last Supper, analyzed the sizes of entrees, bread and plates, relative to the avearage size of the average head in the painting. The size of the entrees in the paintings of the Last Supper, which according to the New Testament occured during a passover evening, has progressively grown by 69 percent. The increase in the plate size and bread size are 66 and 23 percent respectively. The average width of the bread is twice the width of the average desciple's head.
The research could prove the dramatic increase in the production, availability, safety, abundance and affordability of food.
The analysis was aided by computer aided design technology, that allowed the items in the paintings to be scanned, rotated and calculated, regardless of their orientation in the painting.
The study has been published in The International Journal of Obesity.