- Sports I League: Marcus nets Gokulam winner against Churchill
- News 'AAP government tops chart of liars': Amit Shah slams Arvind Kejriwal
- Movies Hina Khan, Mouni Roy, Anita Hassanandani & Others Congratulate Ekta Kapoor For Padma Shri Award
- Technology Benefits Of Amazon Prime Subscription That You Probably Didn't Know
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
The Leaning Tower of Pisa, took several years to complete because during this time Pisa got into war several times with Florance. The building was started in 1173 and the was completed in 1319. During this course of time, Pisa had fallen from the pedestal of success. They had lost a Sea battle to Florance and were enslaved by them. One one hand, Pisa army were losing every battle and on the other hand, as if sensing the downfall, the tower of Pisa also started leaning.
The credit of building the tower cannot to crowned to one single person, it has been built by different men in different stages. History gives the credit to Nicola Picano and resent research adds another name called, Diotisalvi.
Looking at how the tower started leaning, archeologist unearned some interesting facts. The tower was started with the base of only three meters, on a bedding of dry stones. After a long gap when the construction was started again, due to inferior base, the tower sank 30 to 40 cm, creating the first lean. With the weight of the materials and other techniques of architecture, the lean was stopped but not corrected.
While building few of the last floors, by carrying the height of the tower to 48 meters, using heavy materials on the opposite end the tilt was a bit corrected, but still could not be made straight.
At present, the tower is tilted to 90cm. Well, a all is well that ends well. The tower is not tilted, may have not been so famous. Now, it is a tourist attraction and a great source of revenue.