- 15 min ago On Virat Kohli And Anushka Sharma's Anniversary, Their Wedding Wardrobe Decoded
- 56 min ago Angad Bedi and Neha Dhupia's Outfits Remind Us Of Raj-Simran From Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
- 1 hr ago You Need To Try These 11 Amazing Ways To Use Turmeric To Get Rid Of Pimples Right Now!
- 1 hr ago 8 Essential Ways To Strengthen Your Heart
- Finance Bharat Bond ETF Issue Opens On Dec 12: Should You Invest?
- News MHA extends ILP to NE states including Manipur: What does this mean
- Technology Paytm Mall 'The Grand Gadget Sale': Discounts On Gadgets From JBL, Sony, Motorola And Other Brands
- Movies Viral Bollywood Photos Of 2019: From Bollywood's Selfie Moment With PM Modi To Taimur's Yoga Picture
- Sports Bayern's Lewandowski targets Ronaldo's record - Champions League in Opta numbers
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
It was originally billed as a poetry slam but the White House later corrected this, saying that a slam is a competition, which the president"s party was not. It was a jam. Obama promised on the campaign trail that if he was elected, he would throw the White House open to as wide a range of people as possible. The party also aims to make this promise intact.
Barack Obama is so fond of poetry. He said on the campaign trail no one should graduate from university without having read poetry. He has been spotted with a copy works from the Nobel Prize-winning poet Derek Walcott in his back pocket.
Two poems, Pop and Underground, by the president published in the literary magazine Feast in 1981 surfaced last year. Since becoming president, the Obamas, who are often seen at theatre and concert halls round Washington much more than the Bushes, have hosted a series of cultural events at the White House.