- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope: 25 May 2020
- 16 hrs ago What Are Mood Disorders? Its Types, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 20 hrs ago Aishwarya Rai Bachchan At Cannes Film Festival: Best Beauty Moments Of The Actress
- 21 hrs ago Eid-ul-Fitr 2020: Alia Bhatt And Other Divas’ Light Sharara Suits For Festival Celebration At Home
- Movies Eid 2020: Four Memorable Eid Releases That Bollywood Has Seen Over The Years
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- News As domestic flight ops resume, States issue SOPs for flyers
- Sports Georgian tennis star Basilashvili charged with assaulting ex-wife
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- Finance Markets Next Week: Watch For These Factors
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The idol of Ganesha has been created under the banner of GSB Sarvajanik Ganeshotsav Samiti. According to the organisers, the gold ornaments weigh around 65 kilograms while the silver ones are in the range of 250 kilograms.
Lord Ganesha, is one of the most revered Gods of Hindus, and is worshipped at the beginning of every auspicious occasion. Ganesha, as the God of knowledge is described as “Vinayaka"and as remover of obstacles he is called “Vighanharta". He is worshipped at the beginning of every auspicious occasion for blessings of luck and success. On the concluding day of the festival, the idols are carried in grand processions and immersed in rivers or seas.
The Gowd Saraswat Brahmin (GSB) is a community of high caste Hindus hailing from the coastal areas of Karnataka and Kerala. Their mother tongue is Konkani. An array of electronic surveillance devices to monitor the crowds has been installed while professional security guards and trained volunteers will monitor round the clock, at the Pandal or makeshift temple of GSB Sarvajanik Ganeshotsav Samiti.
Meanwhile, in the wake of last year's Mumbai terror attacks, none of the community Puja organisers wants to take a risk vis-a-vis public safety and security. Special security measures are in place to prevent theft. Mumbai Police have deployed posse of policemen and also a bomb disposal squad at the site of the community Puja as a preventive measure.