- News Goa elections: Manohar Parikkar's son quits BJP after failing to get ticket
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 January 21 Highlights: Rashami Desai And Devoleena Bhattacharjee Get Into A Nasty Fight
- Finance Buy Aster DM Healthcare For 16% Potential Gains In 3 Months: HDFC Securities
- Sports PKL 2021-22: U.P. Yoddha beat Bengal Warriors, jump to fourth on points table
- Automobiles Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Education RSMSSB Admit Card 2022 Released For Fireman, AFO Exam At rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in, Download Here
- Technology Intel Is Building World's Largest Chip Manufacturing Plant In Ohio, USA: Will Be Operational By 2025
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In Winter Of 2022
Photo credit: Pinterest
Wall paint is a prime interior design element that catches the eye as soon as you enter a space. The right paint can elevate your wall's aesthetic appeal and put you in a good mood. This is because colours have a psychological impact on us. Colour tones can make us feel happy or dull based on their use. But, with the variety of paint options in the market, paint selection can be a daunting task. You must be puzzled with questions such as "Which is the trending wall paint colour" or "What is the right colour shade for your wall" and much more.
If these are your concerns, then below is a guide you can use to select the right paint for your home interiors.
- - Search the web for what is the trending wall paint.
- - Ask your peers about the wall colour palettes of their homes.
- - You can get many ideas on Pinterest about colour combinations.
- - You can create a folder or moodboard of all the wall paint shades you like.
- - While selecting colours, make sure that it matches the interior design theme/ concept of the house.
- - Many paint companies provide consultation to help you decide the colour scheme for your walls.
- - Finalise a list of colours that suit your personality and resonate with your family.
Once you have a bank of colours that you like, order samples on-site and start testing them. Mark and paint a small portion of the wall surface for sampling and wait until it dries. You can understand the sheen of the paint and take your call on the amount of gloss or matte finish you seek. This is necessary because there is always a difference between the actual colour shades and the ones you see on screen. This might seem like some extra work, but it will save you ample time and money in the long run.
Be Consistent With The Colour
Every room in your home might have a different character, but all of them shouldn't be painted differently. The idea here is to have uniformity in the colour scheme while experimenting with a shade or two. You can follow the three paint colour rule which suggests that you stick to three colours throughout the house. Of these, one can be a primary wall colour, the second can be an accent colour and the third can be the secondary colour to break the monotony. A pro tip here is to follow the colour wheel and pick colours that are next to each other.
Consider The Cost
The most important factor for paint selection is the cost. The cost should meet your set budget for painting. You can use online paint quantifiers to get a rough estimate of how much paint you would need. This quantity can be multiplied by the price of painting per square foot to have a tentative figure. Once you know the amount, you can try various paint combinations to best suit your pocket.
Paint selection should be done with utmost precision. It makes your home look well put together. Let us know how these paint selection ideas are working for you.
- decor5 Interior Design Trends Of 2022 That You Should Know About
- decorHow To Make Your Home Guest-Friendly In A Few Minutes, Especially Amidst The Pandemic
- decor6 Simple Tips To Keep Your House Warm During The Winter Season
- offer of the dayHot Deals On Kitchen Essentials: Buy Stunning Electric Kettle, Gas Stove, Flask, Food Processor And More
- offer of the dayMega Sale On Furniture: Up To 50% Off On Sofa Set, Bunk Bed, Study Table And More
- decorAre You A True A.R.M.Y? Quirky Ideas For Your Own BTS Themed Room
- decorNew Year 2022: Simple Yet Cool Decor Ideas For Your New Year's Eve Party At Home
- offer of the dayAmazon Great Indian Sale 2021: Up To 50% Off On Must-Have Kitchen Appliances
- offer of the dayAmazon Sale: Up To 70% Off On Beautiful Chandeliers, Ceiling Lamps And Other Lights For Your Home
- improvementChristmas And New Year: Simple Tips To Declutter And Clean Your House For The Festive Season
- decor5 Easy Christmas Home Decoration Ideas By Interior Design Expert
- offer of the dayAmazon Sale: Up To 60% Off On Recliners, Sofas, Wardrobes & More