- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- 15 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- 17 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black Attire At The HT Leadership Summit!
- 17 hrs ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- News Unnao rape survivor’s father demands Hyderabad like encounter for accused
- Sports Virat Kohli gets brutally honest with his batting: 'Young batsmen, don't watch'
- Technology Vodafone, Airtel Remove Cap On Voice Calls, Offer Free Unlimited Calling To Other Networks
- Movies KGF: Chapter 1 Emerges The Most-Viewed Indian Movie Of 2019 On Amazon Prime!
- Finance SEBI Directs LIC, BoB And SBI To Reduce Stake In UTI AMC
- Automobiles KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
There is no doubt that drying machines are life savers; but it can simply ruin up your investment when it comes to clothes. If you want to avoid shrinking, warping or destroying your favourite garments, you should avoid putting them in the dryer.
Many a times, we are so blissful with the invention that we tend to forget some basic rules of the machine and end up shrinking our clothes.
So, in order to avoid shrinkage or loosening of the fabrics, here are some basic rules that involve things which you should avoid putting in the dryer. Take a look.
1. Bathing Suits
Bathing suits are generally worn under the heat on a beach. Washing these suits in a machine dryer can leave them broken and brittle. Apart from this, washing such fabrics in the machine can make the fabric lose out on its texture, thus giving you a very bad fitting.
Washing jeans in the dryer can destroy the denim completely. Most of the denims tend to lose their elasticity and sheen when washed in the dryer. It is always good to wash denims with hand and avoid tossing them in the dryer. If you want to avoid the fading of the denim colour, rinse the fabric in tea or coffee. Alternatively, you can also make use of a tablespoon of salt.
3. Cashmere Clothes
Every girl's dream is to wear cashmere clothes that look good and attractive. One small mistake can completely ruin your cashmere clothes. So, the next time you feel your cashmere garment is looking a bit old, hand-wash it instead of washing in the dryer. You can use some mild detergent and give it a gentle wash.
Once a sock is soaked in the dryer, it leaves it useless. You should never put socks in a machine dryer, as it ends up losing the elastic. For people who don't have time to hand-wash the socks, you should consider using mesh bags. Mesh bags are something that will go inside the machine just like any other cloth; but will ensure that the socks remain in the same place.
You should avoid washing zippers in the washing machine because losing zippers can snap the delicate clothes. Make sure that whenever you are washing zippers in a machine, you don't leave them open. Avoid tossing them in the dryer as much as you can.
Towels are something which you need every day while taking a bath. Washing towels with a detergent or washing powder can lead to shrinkage. In order to prevent the towel from shrinking, hand-wash it in vinegar or baking soda instead of using detergents.
Have you ever experienced your tights are actually tighter than before? These delicate fabrics can shrink after you wash them in a machine, which can give you a very bad-fitting experience. This may be because you have washed tights in the machine dryer. It is good to wash these brittle fabrics with your hand, rather than tossing them in a dryer.
A bra is something without which a woman cannot think of living a carefree life. Bras are too delicate and brittle to be washed in a dryer. The heat in the dryer can generally destroy the elasticity of the bra and also cause stretching. It is said that you should hand-wash a bra and lay it flat on the floor, rather than putting it in the machine.
9. Garments With Embellishments On It
Each one of us loves to wear garments that have embellishments and stones on them. But, when it comes to taking care of these exclusive clothes, we end up committing grave mistakes by washing them in a dryer. It is better to hand-wash them and lay them flat to dry.
10. Running Shoes
Avoid washing your running shoes, as it may ruin its cushioning and also weaken the fabric. Apart from this, the heat generated in a washing machine can shrink the rubber as well as destroy the shoes.
So, the next time you use a dryer, make sure you follow the rules mentioned above.