- 38 min ago Karisma Kapoor Ups Her Ethnic Quotient With A Floral Anita Dongre Suit
- 1 hr ago Rani Lakshmi Bai: Some Unknown Facts About The Valiant And Brave Queen Of Jhansi
- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Nayanthara: Five Times The South Star Slayed In Western And Ethnic Outfits
- 2 hrs ago Manisha Koirala Looks Elegant As Ever In Her Chikankari Anarkali
- Technology Realme 5s Confirmed To Feature SD 665 SoC, 48MP Quad-Cameras: Launch Expected On November 20
- Movies Naagin 4: Gathbandhan Actress Dhanak Aka Shruti Sharma Rejects Ekta Kapoor's Show!
- News Actror-turned-TMC MP Nusrat Jahan admitted to hospital
- Sports Rajat Sharma's resignation as DDCA chief put on hold by ombudsman
- Finance Saudi Aramco Lowers Valuation; Could Still Become The World’s Biggest IPO
- Automobiles Jawa Motorcycles To Streamline Bookings & Delivery Process Of All Models: Reduce Waiting Period
- Travel Hajo - The Pride Of Assam
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
How to clean up broken glass on carpet? When glass objects break at home, that too on the floor, they make the place messy. On the top of it, if you postpone the task of clearing them, then it would be a potential danger to both your family members and pets too. And when the glass breaks on your carpet, the cleaning process gets a bit tougher.
If there are glass pieces on the floor, you can just get a broom stick and clear the pieces fast without waiting for long. But when the pieces are on a carpet, you need to be a bit more patient as the task isn't so easy. Cleaning up broken glass on carpets needs to be done carefully without getting hurt. If you are confused about how to do it, here are some ideas. Carefully follow them.
How to clean up broken glass on carpet
Take certain precautions
Firstly, ensure that you move your pets away from that place. Wear shoes before you step on that area where the fragments of broken glass exist. Before you clean up broken glass, you must first take such precautions.
Wear something to protect your hands
How to clean up broken glass on carpet? Well, wear gloves and slowly pick up the glass pieces. If there are no gloves at home, you can use forceps or ice-cube tongs. If you don't have anything to protect your hands, it would be dangerous as small glass fragments may hit your hand and cut your fingers. The bleeding would make the carpet messy. Also, an injury would be dangerous.
Get an old newspaper
Place those glass pieces in an old newspaper. Wrap it up and get it ready for disposal. Repeat the process until all big pieces are removed from the area. While you do this, ensure that you don't push the rest of the pieces into the carpet's fabric. If small fragments are pushed inside, they won't come out soon. And if they stay there and go unnoticed, then they may hurt you later when you walk around that place.
Use a vacuum cleaner
Now, get your vacuum cleaner and run it in that place. Get your dustbin and empty the vacuum cleaner in it. If you ignore it without emptying it, someone else in your family might put their hands on it carelessly and that would be dangerous. So, ensure that you immediately clean it.
Use a broom stick
If glass pieces are in areas where your hand can't reach, like under the furniture or any other object then you can use a broom stick to clear the glass pieces. This way, you can clean up broken glass without getting your carpet removed.