- 4 hrs ago Raw Bananas: Nutritional Health Benefits, Risks, & Recipes
- 5 hrs ago Streax Professional Retro Remix Launch: Recreate Sonakshi's Shimmery Retro Look
- 5 hrs ago Nusrat Jahan & Mimi Chakraborty Inspire Us To Change The Way We Think About Parliament Fashion
- 5 hrs ago 8 Best Lifestyle Changes To Help Control Diabetes
- Movies Kabir Singh Box Office Collection Day 5: Shahid Kapoor’s Film Enters 100 Crore Club
- Sports Uganda v Zimbabwe: Cranes captain Onyango ready for familiar foes
- Technology Xiaomi Teases Upcoming Mi Bluetooth Headsets, Mi LED Lamp And More Ahead of Mi's 5th Anniversary
- News PM Modi tears into Congress, says ‘People outside the family don’t get recognition’
- Automobiles BMW Unveils Its Vision M NEXT Electric Sports Car — A Glimpse Into The Future Of BMW
- Finance SpiceJet Announces 8 New Daily International Flights
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
How to clean up broken glass on carpet? When glass objects break at home, that too on the floor, they make the place messy. On the top of it, if you postpone the task of clearing them, then it would be a potential danger to both your family members and pets too. And when the glass breaks on your carpet, the cleaning process gets a bit tougher.
If there are glass pieces on the floor, you can just get a broom stick and clear the pieces fast without waiting for long. But when the pieces are on a carpet, you need to be a bit more patient as the task isn't so easy. Cleaning up broken glass on carpets needs to be done carefully without getting hurt. If you are confused about how to do it, here are some ideas. Carefully follow them.
How to clean up broken glass on carpet
Take certain precautions
Firstly, ensure that you move your pets away from that place. Wear shoes before you step on that area where the fragments of broken glass exist. Before you clean up broken glass, you must first take such precautions.
Wear something to protect your hands
How to clean up broken glass on carpet? Well, wear gloves and slowly pick up the glass pieces. If there are no gloves at home, you can use forceps or ice-cube tongs. If you don't have anything to protect your hands, it would be dangerous as small glass fragments may hit your hand and cut your fingers. The bleeding would make the carpet messy. Also, an injury would be dangerous.
Get an old newspaper
Place those glass pieces in an old newspaper. Wrap it up and get it ready for disposal. Repeat the process until all big pieces are removed from the area. While you do this, ensure that you don't push the rest of the pieces into the carpet's fabric. If small fragments are pushed inside, they won't come out soon. And if they stay there and go unnoticed, then they may hurt you later when you walk around that place.
Use a vacuum cleaner
Now, get your vacuum cleaner and run it in that place. Get your dustbin and empty the vacuum cleaner in it. If you ignore it without emptying it, someone else in your family might put their hands on it carelessly and that would be dangerous. So, ensure that you immediately clean it.
Use a broom stick
If glass pieces are in areas where your hand can't reach, like under the furniture or any other object then you can use a broom stick to clear the glass pieces. This way, you can clean up broken glass without getting your carpet removed.