- 59 min ago International Aviation Day 2019: Significance Behind Celebrating This Day
- 1 hr ago Deepika Padukone, Kangana Ranaut And Other Divas Have Wedding-Perfect Neckpieces For Us
- 1 hr ago 8 Myths About Live-In Relationships And Facts You Are Unsure About
- 8 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- News Govt working on more measures to boost economy: Nirmala Sitharaman
- Movies Did Rashmika Mandanna Miss Out On Jersey Hindi Remake For Being Pricey? Actress Reacts
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M10s With 15W Fast Charging Gets Discounted Online
- Finance ICICI Bank’s ‘Smart EMI’ Facility For Car Buyers: Should You Opt For It?
- Sports WWE Friday Night SmackDown results and highlights: December 6, 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Automobiles Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
If your yard does not receive enough sun light and you think that you can't grow beautiful plants and flowers. You might be surprised and happy to know that there are some beautiful plants that love shade.
Luckily, there are some beautiful shade loving plants in India, that we will share with you today.
If your garden is shady or you don't have enough time to look after plants for sun light. There is a good news for you. There are some flowering plants that love shade and grow well in dark areas
Can plants grow without sunlight? Today, Boldsky will share with you some shade loving plants in India. Have a look at some beautiful flowers that grow without sunlight.
They come in vivid colours. Bright red and pink florets are the most popular. Fuchsia flourishes best in partial shade for whole day. Plant it in early spring.
Bleeding Heart Plant
It flourishes in shady cool and moist environments. Plant it in spring and soil should be rich with organic matter. This is one of the plants that need full shade.
They thrive well in rocky areas and rock gardens. It also grows in containers and bedding. Slugs and snails can easily attack the plant so use copper strips around it. This is one of the beautiful shade loving plants in India.
To plant it, scatter seeds and cover sparingly with soil. It grows well in shady areas or under tall plants. Keep the soil always moist. This plant does not need so much maintenance. Give some general fertiliser once a season.
Clusters of flowers grow on its tip. They bloom in spring and have light purple or blue blossoms. They grow in partial shade and sow seeds in spring. Soil should be rich, moist and cool. This is one of the most beautiful flowers that grow without sunlight.
They grow in partial to full shade. These plants also need less care and maintenance. They have glossy leaves which make it attractive even when there are no flowers. Water them regularly and keep the soil moist but not too much wet. Plant in rich soil and use fertiliser once a month. They can easily frost so bring them indoors when temperature drops.
They are best pots, indoors, flower beds and hanging baskets. This is one of the beautiful plants that need full shade and hates frost. It needs little care and attention. Water it generously, but allow the soil to dry also. Add fertiliser to soil once a month.
Lily Of The Valley
It thrives in deeply shaded and dark areas. Plant it in spring and grow the plants atleast four inches apart from each other as it spreads quickly. It is one of the plants that grow in shade in India.
It thrives well in intensely shaded areas. It is sweet-smelling plant and it also tastes sweet. Soil should be rich in organic matter and well drained.
Once the plant is established, it doesn't need much care. It grows in partial to full shade. The soil should be rich in nutrients and moist. Protect it from frost by covering it or bringing it indoors.