- 42 min ago Anushka Sharma And Kalki Koechlin Give Us Cool Outfit Goals And Convince Us To Use Black And White Filter More
- 2 hrs ago Gigi Hadid Teases Fans With Her Summer-Perfect Tangerine-Yellow Eye Makeup; Copy It Now!
- 2 hrs ago Huma Qureshi Inspires Us To Up Our Street-Style Fashion Game With 3 Awesome Sporty Outfits
- 3 hrs ago Sherni Promotions: Vidya Balan Flaunts Two Exquisite Sarees, Perfect For Looking A Class Apart
- Finance "Buy" Indraprastha Gas Shares, Says Emkay Global
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: India announce 16-man hockey squad including 10 debutants; know the squad!
- Technology Realme Book Laptops To Launch In India In 2021: Affordable Windows Laptops?
- Movies Jagame Thandhiram Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download In HD Quality
- News Will only hasten 3rd wave: Delhi HC flags violations as city unlocks
- Automobiles Yamaha FZ-X Launched In India At Rs 1.16 Lakh: Retro Design, Bluetooth Connectivity Available
- Education Father’s Day 2021: Know History, Significance And All About This Special Day
- Travel 10 Best Wildlife Sanctuaries To Visit In India In Monsoon
Since the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the usage of face masks has become ubiquitous in countries affected with COVID-19. The health officials have been urging people to wear face masks as an essential protective measure against the coronavirus.
The most popular face mask N95 respirators, which offer the most protection, are high in demand and are being used by many including who haven't been affected by coronavirus.
The widespread uses of these masks are causing a shortage for healthcare workers. The N95 respirators should be reserved for healthcare workers who are regularly exposed to infected patients. So, why don't we wear our own homemade masks?
Some experts and many fashion designers are advising people to make their own face masks at home as they could act as a barrier to stop the virus particles from entering the nose and mouth.
Here, we will talk about the various types of homemade masks and how to make them.
1. Sewn cloth face mask
Cloth face masks made from 100 per cent cotton should be used as it is soft, breathable and comfortable to wear. With two layers of fabric and soft elastic ear straps, this mask will reduce the exposure to germs and dust.
How to make:
- Cut out two 10-by-6-inch rectangles of cotton fabric.
- Stack the two rectangles pieces together.
- Fold over the long sides ¼ inch and hem and then fold the double layer of fabric over ½ inch along the short sides and stitch down.
- Place a 6-inch length of 1/8-inch wide elastic through the wider hem on each side of the cloth face mask to make the ear loops. Use a large needle to thread it and tie the ends tight.
- Gently pull on the elastic so that the knots are tucked inside the hem.
Note: You can either use tightly woven cotton, such as quilting fabric or cotton sheets. T-shirt fabric will also work.
2. T-shirt cloth face mask
Using a t-shirt cloth face mask made of 100 per cent cotton will lower your exposure to dust, germs and allergens.
How to make:
- Take a t-shirt and scissors
- Cut out 7-8 inches of the t-shirt, from the same piece cut out 6-7 inches for the ear loops.
- Cut the end of the strings and tie a tight knot.
3. Bandana cloth face mask
Use soft cotton bandanas so that it is breathable and comfortable to wear on your face. This mask can reduce the exposure to dust and other foreign particles.
How to make:
- Take a bandana which is a size of 20"x20"
- Fold the bandana in half, then fold top down and fold bottom up.
- Place rubber bands or hair bands about 6 inches apart from the bandana.
- Fold the sides to the middle and tuck and wear it.
How To Wear A Cloth Face Mask
- A cloth face mask should fit your face but it should be comfortable and breathable.
- It should be secured with ear loops.
- The cloth mask should have multiple layers of fabric
- The mask should be routinely washed depending on the frequency of use.
Keep the N95 and surgical masks for the healthcare workers anduse a face mask only when necessary, remember, maintaining social distancing is important in preventing the virus.
Stay home, stay safe.