- 22 min ago All Women Entitled To Safe, Legal Abortion; Rape Includes Marital Rape For Purpose Of MTP Act: SC
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 30 September 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 16 hrs ago Navratri 2022 Day 9: Deepika Padukone To Sara Ali Khan, Pink Navratri Outfit Ideas From Bollywood Divas
- 16 hrs ago Actor Dheeraj Dhoopar Speaks About His New Hairstyle In Sherdil Shergill
- News RBI hikes repo rate by 50 bps to 5.9%
- Sports Real Madrid want Christopher Nkunku, a good deal?
- Movies Ali Abbas Zafar Talks About Katrina Kaif’s Superhero Film: Will Start As Soon As….
- Finance Indian Benchmark Indices Open Flat And Turns Red Ahead Of RBI Monetary Policy
- Technology Are Siri and Alexa Behind Your Child’s Rude Behavior?
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Comes With 25k Discount - Celerio, S-Presso, WagonR Get More Discounts
- Education What are tactical nuclear weapons? An international security expert explains and assesses what they mean for t
- Travel Cathar Castle Hike: A Stunning Castle Trail To Explore
Every year, World First Aid Day is observed on the second Saturday of September to raise public awareness of how first aid can save lives in everyday crises. World First Aid Day 2022 falls on 10 September. Knowing the basics of first aid is a necessity for anyone. In addition, being aware of what has to be done and when during a situation that needs medical attention is always a plus point.
World First Aid Day 2022 theme is Lifelong First Aid.
20 Must Have Items For Your First Aid Kit
First aid kits are a must in every home because they keep you ready for minor emergencies like cuts, scrapes, and other injuries at home. They can also hold supplies for disasters like ice storms or power outages. Here are the things you should keep in your first aid kit, whether you buy it or make it yourself.
- An antiseptic
- Adhesive bandage
- Gauze dressing
- Crêpe bandages
- Safety pins
- Cotton balls and Q-tips
- A thermometer
- Mosquito cream or spray
- Antiseptic cream
- Petroleum jelly or other lubricants
- Pain reliever spray, gel or balm
- Pad or tampons
- Hot water bottle
- First-aid manual
You should check your first-aid kit periodically to ensure that the items in it work and to replace expired or used supplies. Consider taking a first-aid course. Prepare your children for medical emergencies in an age-appropriate manner.
Also, keeping an emergency contact list in your first aid kit is always a good idea. Even though you can store numbers on your smartphone, you might not have the number for your local police or fire department. Also, you might want to include the telephone numbers of your physician, paediatrician, and poison control. Thus, you can contact anyone you need quickly when you need them.
- wellnessWorld First Aid Day 2020: Common First Aid Mistakes To Avoid
- wellnessFirst Aid For Acid Attacks: What You Can Do As A Witness
- wellnessDog Bite: First Aid Treatment And Ways To Prevent It
- wellnessFirst Aid Treatment For Heart Attack Victims
- wellnessChoking: Symptoms, Causes, Complications And First Aid
- diet fitnessFirst Aid For Road Accident: All You Need To Know
- wellnessChest Pain: Causes, Symptoms And First Aid Information
- wellnessStop Following These First Aid Myths As They Can Damage Your Health Big Time!
- wellnessFirst Aid For Fire Cracker Burns
- wellnessCommon First Aid Mistakes To Avoid
- wellnessEssential First Aid Tips: First Aid Day Spcl
- wellnessEnhance Your First-Aid Knowledge