Did you know that your poop/stools can give clues about your overall health? Yes, your stool/bowel movement has the ability to let you know when something is not right.
Our bowel movements are the result of many processes in the body. If there is something amiss in your body, then your stool can tell you something about it.
This is because there is no doubt that what goes on in our body is a testimony to our health. The look, smell, texture, frequency of our bowel motions can talk about the wellness of our insides.
So, how to find out if you are really healthy or not? That is why we have written this article exclusively for this purpose.
Apart from food wastes, we also get rid of metabolic waste products and toxins in our poop. So pooping regularly is an important way to get rid of the wastes in our body.
A normal, healthy bowel motion should be moist and cohesively formed. A healthy stool should not require to strain, in order to pass or leave you completely evacuated.
In this article, we have listed points on what your stool/bowel movements say about your health. Read to know why you must visit the doctor if there is something off in your poop.
1. You Have Diarrhoea That Won't Quit:
Constant diarrhoea for at least three times a week for the past several months is a sign that is something is wrong. It could be due to something that you're eating or stress or also something more serious like chronic inflammatory bowel condition and colitis.
2. Your Poop Is Red:
Unless you recently ate beets, this is a sign that you're bleeding in your lower GI tract, these consist of parts like the anus, colon or rectum.
3. You're Having Black, Tarry Poop:
Black poop is a red flag that you're bleeding in your GI tract. Black poop indicates older blood and red indicates fresh blood. Black poop is a sign of ulcer, cancer or diverticulitis in your digestive tract.
4. Poop Is Pale Or Clay Coloured:
If your poop is pale or clay coloured, it is a sign that your bile duct is blocked. Bile comes from the gall bladder and liver; and it empties into the intestines and helps the body dissolve fat. Hence, it is not great if it is not working properly.
5. You're Having Pain When You Defecate:
This could be due to haemorrhoids or anal fissures, which is a cut in the lining of the anus. This can be very painful. It may get better when the stool softens. But you need to talk to your doctor about it.
6. Your Poop Is Just Different:
You know what is normal for you and when things suddenly change, then you need to visit your doctor. Any big change in the bowel movement should not be ignored and hence you must consult a health care professional immediately.
- 8 Reasons Why Almond Flour Is Better Than Other Flours
- 5 Simple Tips To Wake Up Early In The Morning
- Alzheimer's Day 2018: Symptoms Of The Disease & Tips To Delay It
- Why Is Rasgulla Good For Health?
- 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of Brazil Nuts
- Her Condition Is So Rare That It Doesn't Have A Name Yet
- Did You Know The Amazing Health Benefits Of Citrus Peels?
- Kale Vs Spinach: Which Is Healthier?
- 7 Ways In Which Heartbreaks Affect Your Health
- Control Diabetes With These 9 Herbs & Supplements
- 7 Unexpected Side Effects Of Diabetes You Must Know!
- Can Blood Pressure Medications Treat Migraines?