The news about a 10-year old girl being allegedly raped several times and impregnated by her uncle has been the talk of the entire nation for the past few days.
More so with the court in Chandigarh rejecting the family's plea for abortion has left them in a dilemma. The verdict was given in keeping the Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act, 1971, which draws the line for abortion of the foetus at 20 weeks.
The plea was rejected by the court on the grounds of health risk of the victim. Ultrasound reports of the 10 year old girl confirmed that she was 26 weeks pregnant.
So what next? What could be the consequences? Experts opine that in such cases lifelong psychological and physical effect are inevitable.
We have listed a few of the dangerous consequences that the girl might undergo in the long term. Take a look.
1. Post-traumatic Stress Disorder:
After undergoing a traumatic situation and to live with it all through, most of the rape victims have sleeping problems. They tend to have frequent nightmares, anxiety and can fall prey to depression easily in the long run.
2. Physical Problems:
Apart from the tremendous risk of low birth weight and perinatal death, sexual dysfunction would be yet another major physical problem that a rape survivor who is as young as 10 years old needs to undergo in the long run. Pain during intercourse, along with menstrual issues and chronic pelvic pain would be a few of the lifelong issues.
- Real-life Story: Her Father In Law Abused Her And Nobody Believed It Until They Saw This…
- Human Trafficking Victim Revealed She Was Raped For 43,200 Times!!
- Real-life Stories: Woman Who Was Kidnapped & Raped On Her Wedding Day
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim Convicted In Rape Case; Know The Psychological/Health Effects Of Rape
- Can You Believe Sale Of Rape Videos In India Is The In Thing?
- Rapists Are Injected With Female Hormones Here