Do you have nasty stomach pain from time to time? It's time to you stopped popping in painkillers or ignored these symptoms.
Sometimes, these symptoms can also indicate the possible signs of a stomach ulcer. An ulcer can be extremely painful, so it is difficult to ignore one, if you're down with it.
If left untreated, the ulcer can eat into the stomach, causing a perforated ulcer or the blood vessels leading to a bleeding ulcer.
This can lead to damaging and complex health conditions. Hence, it is important to know the signs that you're suffering from a stomach ulcer. This article will let you know what are the symptoms of a stomach ulcer.
Stomach ulcers occur when the thick layer of mucus that protects the stomach from the digestive juices is reduced. It causes the digestive acids to eat away the tissues that line the stomach, leading to an ulcer.
In this article, we have mentioned about some of the top signs of stomach ulcer. Read further to know what are the symptoms of a stomach ulcer.
1. Stomach Pain:
This is the most common symptom of stomach ulcer. This is because ulcers are literally sores present in the lining of the stomach and the pain arises in relation to the acid secretion in the intestines. This is one of the top signs of a stomach ulcer.
2. Heartburn Or Regurgitation:
If it is stomach ulcer, then the pain can be coupled with chronic heartburn and regurgitation. Some of the other symptoms include bloating, burping, etc.
Nausea and vomiting occur as a result of the inflammatory cascade, which arises due to ulcer development. In some cases, the symptoms strike when the ulcer is causing a blockage in the stomach and the food isn't able to pass through the small intestine.
4. Bloody Vomit/Stool:
Ulcers can bleed and cause vomiting, particularly vomiting of blood. The stools can also become black in colour, which is indicative of digestive blood. This is one of the top symptoms of stomach ulcer.
5. Chest/Back Pain:
Pain from stomach ulcer can travel and radiate to the back or chest. If the pain has traveled through the bowel ball, the pain can become more intense and longer in duration.
- Should You Eat Banana In The Morning On An Empty Stomach
- How To Avoid Acidity During Fasting?
- 10 Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach
- 11 Home Remedies For Burning Sensation In The Stomach
- 10 Best Natural Ways To Treat Diarrhoea Quickly
- 11 Reasons Why Stomach Sweat Bands Don't Really Work
- Avoid These Foods If You Have Stomach Acidity
- Here Is Why Your Stomach Hurts After You Eat
- Foods That Are Secretly Making You Feel Bloated; Avoid These!
- Oral Bacteria Can Affect Your Gut: Study
- Know How Prolonged Antacid Use Can Increase Stomach Cancer Risk
- 10 Best Tips To Fight Lower Belly Fat