- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 06 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 19 hrs ago Tribute: American Country Music Icon Loretta Lynn No More At 90
- 19 hrs ago Navratri 2022: Goddess Chamunda Shakti Peeth Of Himachal Pradesh
- 21 hrs ago Balaji (Hanuman) of Mehandipur In Rajasthan: Timings, How To Reach, Puja Rituals And Legends
- News Imran Khan ordered to lock me in washroom: Former Pak probe official
- Movies The Ghost Day 1 Box Office Collection Worldwide: Nagarjuna's Thriller Opens To Decent Numbers!
- Sports Legends League Cricket: Full List of Award Winners, Player of the Match, Player of the Tournament
- Finance Prabhudas Lilladher Picks 5 Stocks To Buy Amid Festive Cheer For Gains Up To 20%
- Education JIO ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF JIO TRUE 5G
- Automobiles Mahindra XUV300 Sportz Edition Spotted - Comes With More Power & A Few Visual Tweaks
- Travel Most Interesting Facts About Kullu Dussehra
- Technology Google Pixel 7 vs Pixel 7 Pro: What Differences Can We Expect?
An itching butt can be embarrassing.
But did you know that it is actually a sign that something more sinister is going on down there?
Let's find out.
#1 Fungal Infection
Skin infections are usually caused like fungi, which love to grow in warm and moist places. And these tend to spread fast throughout your body. Especially the dark nether regions of your groin and butt crack.
So if your butt has weird rashes all over it and has been itching like crazy for quite sometime, then it is definitely a sign that you have an infection down there.
These parasitic worms are as small as the head of a pin, and just as long (that's why they are also called pinworms).
And they love to grow inside your large intestine and rectum.
In fact, the females only exit your body when they have to lay their eggs (which they lay around your butt hole). And it's these eggs that cause your butt to itch, which is how they end up under your fingernails, and then make their way to your stomach through your food.
So if everyone in your family is complaining of an itchy butt, don't waste time. Go, see a doctor. You all might have a case of worm infestation.
#3 Eczema or Psoriasis
Autoimmune skin diseases like eczema and psoriasis affect large areas of the body, including the butt. And they both make your skin itch like crazy!
#4 Hemorrhoids or Piles
An itchy butt is a common symptom of piles and hemorrhoids because they make it difficult to maintain your hygiene.
Image source - BruceBlaus
On the other side of the spectrum, constipation can also cause a lot of itching in your butt and cheeks because it often leads to piles and fissures.
#6 Pilonidal Sinus
Sometimes loose pubic hair can prick the soft skin between your butt cheeks and form a sinus (hole). And if this gets infected (which is very painful), it causes a lot of itching in the area.
Image source - webmd
#7 Bad Anal Hygiene
Fecal matter is the perfect feast for bacteria and fungi. So if you don't wash your butt properly after a poop-session, or have a weak anal sphincter (the butt hole), your butt will definitely itch like crazy.
#8 Using Too Much Toilet Paper or Wipes
Toilet paper are often impregnated with alcohol, chemicals, and perfume, to help you keep your butt clean. But if you overdo their use, you will end up abrading the soft skin between your butt cheeks, which will cause itching and burning in that area.
#9 Too Much Use of Soap and Water
Similar to the point above, excessive use of soap and water to keep your butt and cheeks clean will dry up the area and make it sensitive (which will in turn make it itch badly!).
#10 Eating Spicy Food
Spicy food makes our butt burn when we poop the next morning. And since the skin of this region is very sensitive, this is often followed by a severe case of itching.
So if you consume spicy food every day, an itching butt shouldn't surprise you.
Was This Article Helpful?
Then please share it on social media and spread the awareness even as you have a good laugh with your friends.
- wellnessExpert Article: 8 Evils To Win Over This Dussehra For Perfect Mental Well-Being
- wellnessOld Age Is A Risk Factor For Pneumonia Due To The Omicron Variant: Study
- relationshipReasons Why Crying Could Determine Your Strengths, Not Weaknesses
- disorders cureActor Ajith Kumar Tweets ‘Protect Your Ears': Know More About Hearing Disorder Tinnitus
- wellnessExpert Article: Managing Digestive System Disease Naturally In Rainy Season
- offer of the dayCervical Pillow, Ankle Support, Weighing Machine, Wheelchair And More Health Products On Sale: Up To 60% Off
- wellnessEvery Seven Years Comes With A New Life Challenge: What Happens To Us During These Phases?
- zodiac signsBest Yoga Poses For 12 Zodiac Signs
- nutritionAre Rice Cakes Healthy? Do They Help With Weight Loss?
- wellnessUnstable Weather And Heavy Rains Leave Bangaloreans Feeling Feverish With A Sore Throat - Here's Why
- wellnessMinor Daily Things You Do That Are Bad For Your Health: No 8 Is Surprising!
- wellness'Tobacco Causes Painful Death': New Health Warning From December 1 On Tobacco Packs