- 4 hrs ago Health And Wellness Tips For College Students
- 5 hrs ago This Wedding Season, Make Your Cocktail Evening Special With These Brand New Outfit Ideas
- 7 hrs ago Karwa Chauth 2019: 5 Alluring Make-up Looks From The Bollywood Divas For This Karwa Chauth
- 7 hrs ago Teratoma: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- News Why will Mount Everest's height be re-measured?
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Updates Day 1: Bhoomi Shetty Becomes The First Captain Of This Season!
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019, Eliminator 2: Raiders power U Mumba past Haryana Steelers
- Technology Oppo A9 2020 Receives Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India
- Automobiles Ratan Tata Invests In Electric Two Wheeler Start Up Tork Motors
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation Rises To 3.99% In September
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
None of us would ever leave home without carrying a mobile phone. Imagining a whole day without mobile phone is also impossible.
But current studies are not yet clear about how safe it is to live so close to the mobile phones for the whole day.
The effects of mobile radiation are yet to be studied. Currently, health experts claim that it isn't healthy to carry a mobile in your pockets whether it is your shirt's pocket or your trouser's. Here are some more facts on this.
Carrying the mobile phone in the trouser pocket could hit male fertility as it is said to affect the spermatozoa.
The radiation of mobile phones is said to reduce sperm count and motility. It is also said to cause oxidative stress and even DNA damage.
Another study says that men who carry their mobiles (switched-on) for prolonged periods of time may suffer a higher risk of erectile dysfunction.
Also, cell phones are not safe in the shirt's pocket too as they are said to increase the risk of cancer.
The main risk from cell phones is due to the nature of the signals. Mobile phones give out radio waves (non-ionizing radiation) through an antenna. When you carry a mobile very close to the body, the tissues may absorb the energy.
Mobile phones send and receive signals. Though the signals don't immediately damage your cells, they can heat up the tissues over prolonged usage.
Other factors that could increase or decrease the risk are number of calls, length of the calls and how close you hold the device to your body.
Though it is not possible to avoid using mobile phones, maybe you can avoid carrying it in your pockets. Keep it in your bag or hold it in your hand to minimise the risk.