- 7 hrs ago Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- 7 hrs ago Exclusive: Doctor Shares How Parents Can Reduce Screen Time For Kids to Counter Myopia Risk
- 8 hrs ago Kalki Koechlin Just Made This Monsoon A Little More Fun With Dreamy Blue Eye Make-up!
- 23 hrs ago Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Movies Ranveer Singh To Get His Very Own Star On The Dubai Walk Of Fame? Read Details!
- News From Modi to Rahul, how leaders reacted to Sheila Dikshit’s demise
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Technology Portronics ‘Power Wallet 10K: Travel Organizer With Built-in 10,000mAh Power Bank
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Sales Model-Wise Break-Up For June 2019 — 650-Twins Record Biggest Decline In Sales
- Sports Dhoni opts out of West Indies tour; to serve territorial army for two months
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Some of the main culprits of cracked heels are dry skin and increased pressure on feet that occurs due to standing for long hours.
Being overweight, or using shoes which open at the back and fail to support your feet properly can also put your feet under extra pressure.
Further, skin conditions like psoriasis, eczema, athlete's foot and juvenile plantar dermatosis can also cause cracked heels.
A sunburn might also result in the peeling of the skin on the feet and heels.
Cracked feet is not just an eye sore. If deep fissures and cracks develop, they can make standing and walking painful and even unbearable for you.
If germs enter through the breaks in the skin, then they can cause infections as well.
Hence, you need to deal with cracked heels very fast before it turns out to be a serious problem later on. Did you know that the causes of cracked heels have something to do with your health ?
In this article, we have listed some of the main causes of having cracked heels. Read further to know more about the reasons for having cracked heels.
1. Dry Skin:
Dry skin is a common reason why the skin gets split and cracked. This occurs if your skin loses too much oil and water.
2. Excessive Pressure On Your Feet:
Dryness can be one of the first signs that your feet are in trouble. It can put extra pressure on them, causing it to crack. This can result in cracking and splitting. This is one of the causes of having cracked heels.
3. Athlete's Foot:
This is a fungal infection that can affect your feet. This fungus can flourish in moist, warm areas and make your feet a perfect place for them to thrive in. It is very contagious and comes through the direct contact with infected skin or indirect contact with things like socks, shoes, etc.
Psoriasis is a condition that occurs due to the crusty, flaky and reddish patches that appear on the skin. This can even lead to cracks being developed on the heels.
This is used to describe the skin swelling of various kinds. It produces dry, red, itchy and cracked skin. Factors like stress, soaps, food allergies and even weather can be triggers for this condition. This is one of the reasons for having cracked heels.
6. Juvenile Plantar Dermatosis:
This is a skin problem that affects the feet of children. This condition is characterized by glazed, shiny skin on the sole. Having sweaty feet and wearing open sandals can increase the friction that plays a part in this development.
You already know that the harmful ultraviolet rays from the sun can harm your skin. Spending too much time under the sun can lead to red, sore skin that starts to peel off after a few days, leading to cracked heels.