- 5 hrs ago Bhediya Schedule Wrap: Kriti Sanon Has Our Attention With Her Knitted Pink Cardigan
- 6 hrs ago Ram Navami 2021: Muhurta, Rituals and Significance Of This Festival
- 6 hrs ago Style Alert! Neha Kakkar Teams Her Favourite Green Dramatic Dress With Black Boots And It’s A Perfect Match
- 7 hrs ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Maha Ashtami Puja Muhurta, Rituals and Significance
- Sports IPL 2021: Last two games we’ve adjusted to the conditions: Sam Curran after CSK’s win over RR
- Education UPSC EPFO Exam Postponed Due To Surge In COVID-19 Cases
- News PM Modi to meet COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers today as govt opens jabs for all above 18 years
- Movies Nakuul Mehta’s Wife Jankee Reveals Their Two-Month-Old Son Was Diagnosed With Bilateral Inguinal Hernia
- Automobiles 2022 Nissan GT-R Nismo Revealed: Features Aesthetic Changes and Performance Upgrades
- Technology Infinix Hot 10 Play With Helio G35 SoC Officially Announced; Price, Specifications
- Finance What is Cheque Bounce?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In April 2021
Our health depends on what we eat. Hence, it is important that the food you eat is not only tasty but is also healthy.
Sometimes, the wrong food combination of ingredients can play a havoc on your health. It can lead to food poisoning or even death in some cases.
We are very much used to eating foods in combinations. For example, cheese with meat, fruit in salads, milk with fruits, etc.
But did you know that some theories as well as the principles of Ayurveda slam these combinations as the most dangerous ones?
These food combinations can make you feel bloated, heavy and lethargic. They can also inhibit the digestive process and lead to stomach ache, nausea, fatigue and also difficulty in eliminating waste.
In this article, we have listed some of the top dangerous food combinations. So, read further to know more about the bad food combinations that you must avoid at any cost.
1. Cocoa Plus Milk:
Cocoa is rich in oxalic acid and blocks calcium absorption. When combined with milk, acid contributes to the formation of oxalate crystals that are bad for the kidneys in excessive amounts. This is one of the bad food combinations that can make you sick.
2. Salad Plus Lemon Or Vinegar Dressing:
Many vitamins and other valuable nutrients like carotenoids that are found in veggies require fats for proper absorption. Hence, you need to consider adding high-fat products to your salad like avocado, olives or some nuts. Dressing it with lemon or vinegar alone will deprive you of a great deal of healthy elements.
3. Cheese Pasta Plus Tomato:
Pasta contains starchy carbs that get digested with a special ferment called ptyalin that is found in our saliva. Tomatoes contain malic, oxalic and citric acid in small amounts that break this ferment down. This hinders the starch digestion.
4. Eggs Plus Bacon:
This combination is very rich in protein and hence is not good for our health. Our body will have to spend a lot of time in digesting such products. This is one of the top dangerous food combinations to avoid.
5. Bran Plus Milk:
Bran contains phytic acid that forms insoluble compounds when combined with calcium or magnesium. It also makes these minerals inaccessible for the body. This is one of the bad food combinations that you must avoid.
6. Cereals Plus Orange Juice:
Cereals eaten along with orange juice early in the morning will not give you any boost of energy. It only causes discomfort and heaviness in the stomach. The acid in orange juice also lowers the activity of the enzyme that is responsible in breaking down of the carbohydrates.
7. Pizza Plus Soda:
The combination of carbs, proteins and starch takes up a lot of energy for digestion. The sugar in the soda also slows down the stomach processes. This results in heaviness and bloating.
8. Wheat Bread Plus Jam:
Refined wheat flour combined with sugary foods is a double dose of fast carbs that can cause a rapid surge. It also creates unrest in the bowels due to the combination of yeast fermented dough and sugar. This is one of the main wrong combinations of Indian food.