- 8 hrs ago Heat Exhaustion: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- 9 hrs ago Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, And More Won Us With Their Outfits At Charlie's Angels Premiere
- 9 hrs ago Diabetes Insipidus In Children: Causes, Types, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 10 hrs ago So, What Is So Special About Deepika Padukone's Anniversary Sari
- News Last day of Odd-Even today, no decision yet on extension
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Season 7 Day 32 Written Update – Team Sidilu Maintains It’s Winning Streak
- Sports Williamson returns for New Zealand as uncapped Ferguson receives Test call
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Starts Winter Service Camp: Offers Free Check Ups, Complimentary Washes & More
- Technology Microsoft Brings Its Xbox Game Pass Ultimate To India For Just Rs. 50
- Finance Deadline To File GST Returns Extended; Forms Simplified
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
You might have heard about squeezing lemon juice and drinking it in the morning, as this helps in weight loss. But have you ever thought of boiling lemon along with its peel? Well, this might sound strange but this way, you can get all the nutrients of lemon.
So what exactly happens when you drink boiled lemon water along with its peel and the pulp? Is it really healthy?
Today at Boldsky we will be dispelling all the facts and health benefits of drinking boiled lemon water. It not just helps in weight loss and boosts immunity level, but also brings along a lot of other health benefits.
Rich in flavonoids, vitamins C, A, B6 and E, calcium, iron and zinc, lemon is also known for its antioxidant properties. Due to all these benefits, lemon is used for curing several health problems.
Also, one should be careful, especially those who are allergic to it and they should consume it only after checking with a doctor.
Procedure For Preparation:
Take 4-5 lemons, and wash it thoroughly. Cut it into two halves .
Put it in a pot containing water and then boil it for about 3-5 minutes.
Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes.
Strain the lemon pulp and then drink the water in the morning.
If you do not like the taste, then add a teaspoon of honey in the water and then drink it.
Now, listed below are few of the health benefits of drinking boiled lemon water. Take a look.
1. Helps Boost Immunity:
Rich in vitamin C, lemon is known as one of the best elixirs that helps in boosting immunity.
2. Treats Cold:
Lemon is known for its antioxidant properties and it helps in treating cold very efficiently.
3. Enhances Digestion:
Lemon juice helps in flushing out the unwanted materials from the body and enhances digestion.
4. Helps In Weight Loss:
Lemon is rich in pectin fibre. It helps in minimizing the hunger cravings and thus aids in weight loss.
5. Boosts Energy:
Lemon helps in boosting energy. It isn't just the pulp, but also the aroma of the lemon peel that gets emitted when it is boiled, which helps in boosting the energy level.
6. Boosts Metabolism:
Lemon helps in burning calories and fat and keeps one nourished. Rich in potassium and magnesium, lemon thus helps to boost metabolism.
7. Cleans Toxins From The Body:
The citric acid present in lemon enhances the functioning of the enzyme and helps in detoxifying the body.
8. Prevents Constipation:
The high acid content in lemon helps in clearing the bowel movement. Boiling lemon and then drinking the water helps prevent constipation.