- 10 hrs ago What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- 15 hrs ago From Alia Bhatt To Kareena Kapoor Khan, These Divas Will Give Your Major Shopping Inspiration
- 19 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 15 December To 21 December
- 21 hrs ago 10 Situations Under Which A Man Should Practice Sexual Abstinence
- News Jharkhand Assembly Election 2019 LIVE: Voting for 4th phase today; 2 ministers' fate to be decided
- Sports Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City: Peerless De Bruyne inspires emphatic victory
- Movies Mohanlal-Prithviraj Duo's Empuraan: Here's An Interesting Update!
- Technology How To Check Screen Time On Various Devices
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
We all wish to have a good oral hygiene more than anything else. It's always best if we adopt the traditional methods that our ancestors have been using since time immemorial.
One such that method is the usage of coconut oil to brush the teeth. Coconut oil is a repository of several health benefits. It is much more than what you have imagined it to be. This oil contains about three healthy fatty acids namely, caprylic acid, lauric acid and capric acid.
These fatty acids are a perfect source of energy. Coconut oil is also a natural treatment for Alzheimer's disease. It is also rich in natural saturated fats and hence, prevents heart disease and high blood pressure.
Coconut oil is the most sought-after remedy for curing urinary tract infection and it also protects us from kidney infection. The high content of antioxidants present in virgin coconut oil help in reducing inflammation.
They also have several antibacterial properties that help boost the immune system. The fatty acids present in coconut oil also help in treating all kinds of skin diseases. If this isn't enough, now let us go through the pointers on how coconut oil helps in protecting our teeth.
Our Oral Friend:
1. Kills Bacteria
Coconut oil will help fight all kinds of dangerous bacteria and microorganisms that are present in our mouth. It is always best to gargle our mouth with this oil once or twice in a day.
2. Fights Bad Breath:
Its antibacterial properties ward off bad breath and boost your confidence. Before you go out with your date the next time, remember this.
3. Treats Cavities And Gum Disease:
Coconut oil inhibits the growth of harmful bacteria and that are responsible for causing cavities and infections in the mouth. It is the best when it comes to maintaining a great oral hygiene.
4. Relieves Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Dysfunction:
Coconut oil helps in strengthening the jaws and provides a good relief from the soreness caused by the TMJ dysfunction, which is a pain that occurs in the jaw joint and surrounding muscles.
5. Teeth Whitening:
Coconut oil helps in bleaching the teeth and makes them whiter, by reducing their yellow shade during the course of its usage.
Apart from the benefits mentioned above, coconut oil also has an endless list of other health benefits. Read on to find out.
1. Coconut oil can be used for promoting weight loss. Yes, you read that right! The fatty acids present in them have multi-dimensional abilities that gradually decrease our craving for food.
2. On the contrary, it also helps in building our muscle mass, due to its medium-chain fatty acids.
3. Coconut is considered to be excellent for hair care, as you all know. It can be used as a natural hair conditioner and prevents dandruff.
4. It can also be used as an anti-ageing mantra! It helps in the detoxification process and assists to naturally slow ageing.
5. Coconut oil also helps to maintain the hormonal balance in our body, as it is a great source of natural fat.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab a bottle of coconut oil and unleash the magic within!