- 2 hrs ago How To Know If You Are Really Hungry: Tips To Identify And Prevent
- 2 hrs ago What Is A Rainbow Baby? What To Expect When You Are Pregnant With A Rainbow Baby?
- 3 hrs ago Happy Birthday Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: 5 Times The Diva Showed How To Slay In Red Outfits
- 3 hrs ago National Unity Day 2020: Lesser-Known Facts About Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- News Counting of votes for 4 MLC seats postponed to Nov 10
- Sports IPL 2020: Match 52: RCB vs SRH: Innings report: Royal Challengers limp to 120 for 7
- Finance LTC Cash Voucher Scheme: Here Is How Much Tax Benefit Private Sector Employees Can Reap
- Movies Pulkit Samrat On Girlfriend Kriti Kharbanda Being Paired Opposite Jim Sarbh In Taish
- Technology Sony Xperia 1 II New Model Spotted At Geekbench: What's New?
- Automobiles Hero MotoCorp Bikes & Scooters Festive Offers: Benefits Available On Select Models
- Education DU 4th Cut-off 2020: Check College-wise Delhi University 4th Cut-off 2020
- Travel 10 Best Places In Bangalore To Dine Out With Your Beloved This Karva Chauth
Slightly pinkish and white is what our normal nail colour looks like. But when you start witnessing even a slight unusual change in your nail colour and texture then you should watch out for it immediately. It can be a sign of several deadly diseases.
Majority of us generally tend to ignore the nails. Like any other part of the body, the nails too are equally important. The nails turn colourless, yellow, white and shapeless. Even if you want to cut it in shape and apply nail polish it looks odd.
Also Read: Nail Diseases You Should Be Aware Of
Generally when we have fever or certain fungal infection, there could be some changes in the texture of your nail but certain changes in the nails could also be an indication of serious health issues related to the heart, thyroid, liver, lungs, immunity and anaemia.
Hence, these changes in the nail should not be ignored. It is essential to get it checked and take up the necessary medical intervention before it gets too late.
Also Read: Things You Might Not Know About Your Nail
Have a look at what the changes in these nail colours and texture tell you about your health.
1. Pale Yellow Nails:
If you see that your nails have turned pale yellow then you should not ignore. Apart from being a sign of fungal infection, it can be a sign of serious health issues like thyroid problem, lung disease and also diabetes.
2. White Nails:
When you notice that your nails are turning white, especially along the rims, then it signifies that the level of protein is low in your body and it is a sign of liver disease.
3. Crack Or Split Nails:
You may observe that sometimes your nail just cracks and splits, and moves out from the nail bed. This is caused if you are suffering from thyroid disorder, advanced stage of diabetes and if the blood circulation is not normal.
4.Bluish And Black Lines In Nails:
Certain blue and black lines appear in your nails when you dash against something hard. But be careful it can also be caused when one is suffering from lung problem or melanoma, a type of skin cancer. Many of us tend to ignore this sign, but this should not be done.
5. Spoon Shaped Nails:
If you are suffering from iron deficiency or anaemia you can observe that the nail starts turning up and forms the shape of a spoon. This is because the blood flow to the fingers gets disrupted. It is seen occurring when one is suffering from thyroid and heart problem.
6. Clubbing Of Nails:
Sometimes you see that the tip of the finger enlarges and the nail tends to take a curve around the fingertips. This is a sign that one might be suffering from deadly lung disease, heart problem, liver disease and AIDS as well.
7. Deep Lines Across Nails:
The deep lines across the nails also known as the Beau's Line is a sign that the person is suffering from zinc deficiency. This leads to increased hair loss, severe eye problem, weight loss and mental retardation.