- 1 hr ago Deficiency Of These Vitamins And Minerals Can Cause Insomnia
- 3 hrs ago COVID-19: Back-To-School Tips For Parents And Children
- 4 hrs ago Bunty Aur Babli 2: Rani Mukerji’s Poster Look Doesn't Quite Inspire Us To Get A Suit Stitched Like Hers
- 5 hrs ago Kriti Sanon’s Latest Fashion Lookbook Features A Traditional Net Lehenga And Smart Tan-Hued Airport Outfit
- Technology How To Send Stickers Via WhatsApp Payments
- Movies Alec Baldwin Starrer Rust's Set Had Camera Crew Members Walk Out Of The Sets Before Halyna Hutchkins' Mishap
- Sports T20 World Cup: What Hardik brings in at number six is something that one can't create overnight: Kohli
- Travel Himachal Pradesh's Best Winter Destinations
- Finance HDFC Securities Gives Buy On A PSU Bank And Infra Stock
- News PM Narendra Modi meets 7 Indian COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers
- Education ICSE, ISC Board Exams Revised Datesheet 2021-22 Released By CISCE, Check Time Table Here
- Automobiles Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
Slightly pinkish and white is what our normal nail colour looks like. But when you start witnessing even a slight unusual change in your nail colour and texture then you should watch out for it immediately. It can be a sign of several deadly diseases.
Majority of us generally tend to ignore the nails. Like any other part of the body, the nails too are equally important. The nails turn colourless, yellow, white and shapeless. Even if you want to cut it in shape and apply nail polish it looks odd.
Also Read: Nail Diseases You Should Be Aware Of
Generally when we have fever or certain fungal infection, there could be some changes in the texture of your nail but certain changes in the nails could also be an indication of serious health issues related to the heart, thyroid, liver, lungs, immunity and anaemia.
Hence, these changes in the nail should not be ignored. It is essential to get it checked and take up the necessary medical intervention before it gets too late.
Also Read: Things You Might Not Know About Your Nail
Have a look at what the changes in these nail colours and texture tell you about your health.
1. Pale Yellow Nails:
If you see that your nails have turned pale yellow then you should not ignore. Apart from being a sign of fungal infection, it can be a sign of serious health issues like thyroid problem, lung disease and also diabetes.
2. White Nails:
When you notice that your nails are turning white, especially along the rims, then it signifies that the level of protein is low in your body and it is a sign of liver disease.
3. Crack Or Split Nails:
You may observe that sometimes your nail just cracks and splits, and moves out from the nail bed. This is caused if you are suffering from thyroid disorder, advanced stage of diabetes and if the blood circulation is not normal.
4.Bluish And Black Lines In Nails:
Certain blue and black lines appear in your nails when you dash against something hard. But be careful it can also be caused when one is suffering from lung problem or melanoma, a type of skin cancer. Many of us tend to ignore this sign, but this should not be done.
5. Spoon Shaped Nails:
If you are suffering from iron deficiency or anaemia you can observe that the nail starts turning up and forms the shape of a spoon. This is because the blood flow to the fingers gets disrupted. It is seen occurring when one is suffering from thyroid and heart problem.
6. Clubbing Of Nails:
Sometimes you see that the tip of the finger enlarges and the nail tends to take a curve around the fingertips. This is a sign that one might be suffering from deadly lung disease, heart problem, liver disease and AIDS as well.
7. Deep Lines Across Nails:
The deep lines across the nails also known as the Beau's Line is a sign that the person is suffering from zinc deficiency. This leads to increased hair loss, severe eye problem, weight loss and mental retardation.