- 44 min ago Peppermint Tea: Health Benefits And How To Make
- 59 min ago 9 Qualities You Need To Overlook In Your Partner
- 1 hr ago Athiya Shetty Flaunts A Gorgeous Saree But Her Jewel-Tone Blouse Has All Our Attention
- 1 hr ago Mouni Roy Raises Glamour Quotient With Her Party Make-Up Look In Her Latest Picture
- Finance Rs. 200 Crore LMC Bonds To Offer 8.5% Interest
- News Low-level politics in this fragile situation: Kejriwal lashes out at Amarinder
- Movies PETA Names John Abraham As India's Person Of The Year 2020
- Sports ISL 2020-21: In-form ATK Mohun Bagan eye victory against Odisha FC
- Automobiles Renault Car Discounts & Year-End Benefits: Special Offers Of Up To Rs 70,000 Across All Models
- Technology Vivo V20 Pro Quick Review: Pros, Cons, And The X-Factor
- Education CAT Answer Key 2020: Check CAT Exam Answer Key 2020 Slot 1, 2 And 3
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
Slightly pinkish and white is what our normal nail colour looks like. But when you start witnessing even a slight unusual change in your nail colour and texture then you should watch out for it immediately. It can be a sign of several deadly diseases.
Majority of us generally tend to ignore the nails. Like any other part of the body, the nails too are equally important. The nails turn colourless, yellow, white and shapeless. Even if you want to cut it in shape and apply nail polish it looks odd.
Also Read: Nail Diseases You Should Be Aware Of
Generally when we have fever or certain fungal infection, there could be some changes in the texture of your nail but certain changes in the nails could also be an indication of serious health issues related to the heart, thyroid, liver, lungs, immunity and anaemia.
Hence, these changes in the nail should not be ignored. It is essential to get it checked and take up the necessary medical intervention before it gets too late.
Also Read: Things You Might Not Know About Your Nail
Have a look at what the changes in these nail colours and texture tell you about your health.
1. Pale Yellow Nails:
If you see that your nails have turned pale yellow then you should not ignore. Apart from being a sign of fungal infection, it can be a sign of serious health issues like thyroid problem, lung disease and also diabetes.
2. White Nails:
When you notice that your nails are turning white, especially along the rims, then it signifies that the level of protein is low in your body and it is a sign of liver disease.
3. Crack Or Split Nails:
You may observe that sometimes your nail just cracks and splits, and moves out from the nail bed. This is caused if you are suffering from thyroid disorder, advanced stage of diabetes and if the blood circulation is not normal.
4.Bluish And Black Lines In Nails:
Certain blue and black lines appear in your nails when you dash against something hard. But be careful it can also be caused when one is suffering from lung problem or melanoma, a type of skin cancer. Many of us tend to ignore this sign, but this should not be done.
5. Spoon Shaped Nails:
If you are suffering from iron deficiency or anaemia you can observe that the nail starts turning up and forms the shape of a spoon. This is because the blood flow to the fingers gets disrupted. It is seen occurring when one is suffering from thyroid and heart problem.
6. Clubbing Of Nails:
Sometimes you see that the tip of the finger enlarges and the nail tends to take a curve around the fingertips. This is a sign that one might be suffering from deadly lung disease, heart problem, liver disease and AIDS as well.
7. Deep Lines Across Nails:
The deep lines across the nails also known as the Beau's Line is a sign that the person is suffering from zinc deficiency. This leads to increased hair loss, severe eye problem, weight loss and mental retardation.