- 3 hrs ago Alaya F Represents The Modern Indian Bride Through Her Recent Magazine Cover And How Beautifully!
- 5 hrs ago June 2020: Auspicious Housewarming Dates In This Month
- 5 hrs ago 5 Amazing Benefits Of Sunflower Oil For Skin
- 6 hrs ago June 2020: A List Of Popular Festivals That Will Be Celebrated In This Month
- Movies Vijay's Bigil Did Not Incur Losses: Confirms Producer Archana Kalpathi!
- Sports Kohli right guy to take Indian cricket forward, Stokes is best cricketer now: Botham
- News India, China don’t need US help to resolve border frictions: Chinese official media
- Technology Flipkart Sale: Must Check Out Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Automobiles 2020 Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- Finance FM Sitharaman Launches Free Instant PAN Card Facility Using Aadhaar
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
If you are someone who is sexually active, you would naturally have a fear about developing sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), so following a few safety tips can help you avoid getting STDs effectively.
It is quite an irony that one of the most enjoyable and intimate acts, sexual intercourse that people indulge in, comes with the risk of diseases and infections!
Sexually transmitted diseases and infections are quite common and also, it has been reported that they are on the rise lately, as the age at which a person becomes sexually active has decreased considerably.
Sexually transmitted diseases are diseases or infections that are transmitted from one person to the other from a sexual contact.
An STD can be transmitted through an oral, vaginal and anal intercourse. Many a times, even kissing can cause an STD, if a person is infected, as the saliva is exchanged.
Some of the most common STDs are genital herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhoea, HPV, syphilis, yeast infections and, of course, the deadly disease, HIV!
So, if you want to avoid getting STDs, here are a few simple tips that you can follow, take a look.
First, make yourself aware of the different types of STDs and STIs, so that you will be able to recognise the symptoms early on, in case you are affected.
Another tip to avoid STDs is to practice safe sex at any cost! Use a latex condom every time you have sex with a partner, you are not in a monogamous relationship with.
Before indulging in sexual intercourse with a partner, ensure that both of you get tested for possible STDs. Doing this can put your mind at ease and allow you to enjoy sex better, without condoms.
Yet another tip to avoid getting STDs is to wash your genitals well, using an antiseptic wash, before and after an intercourse.
It is advisable to avoid having multiple sexual partners, as the risk of developing STDs and STIs is a lot higher in such instances.
To avoid getting hepatitis, which is a serious STD, get the hepatitis B vaccination after consulting with your doctor.
In case you indulge in a sexual intercourse with multiple partners often, ensure that you get the STD tests done once every 3 months and use condoms!
Avoid sharing towels, razors, etc., with people you think could be infected, this is another tip to stay away from STDs.