- 2 hrs ago Saree Looks Decoded From The Pages Of History Following The Saree Twitter Trend
- 5 hrs ago On 3 Years Of Mom, Veteran Actress Sridevi’s Sober Outfits From The Film Decoded
- 5 hrs ago 7 Ways To Stop Being Taken For Granted By Your Partner
- 6 hrs ago 10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Raw Mangoes; Side Effects And Healthy Recipes
- News Brazil's President Bolsonaro tests positive for COVID-19
- Sports Fans to distribute masks on Ganguly's birthday on Wednesday, do charity
- Movies If Nepotism Worked, Sunny Deol’s Son Would’ve Been Like Tom Cruise: Annu Kapoor
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Series Expected To Go For Sale Starting August 21
- Automobiles Bajaj Platina 100 Disc Variant Launched: Priced At Rs 59,373
- Finance ICICI Bank To Offer Its Employees 8% Hike For Working Amid Covid 19
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Haemorrhoids are not uncommon. Several people, whether men or women, are found to be suffering from them. Initially, one doesn't get any idea about what haemorrhoids are, but slowly they get to understand the severity of the problem once they suffer from the pain and swelling.
Haemorrhoids can lead to bleeding and pain and get worse with age. Pregnant women may also get affected by haemorrhoids.
Causes Of Haemorrhoids:
The veins in and around the anus and lower rectum area that stretch under pressure swell causing haemorrhoids. They are not serious, but can cause a great deal of discomfort. The exact causes of haemorrhoids are not known.
One may get it from spending too much time in the toilet because of constipation. Lifting heavy objects can also be another reason. Haemorrhoids can also be genetic and can get worse with age.
Symptoms Of Haemorrhoids:
The most common symptom of haemorrhoids is bleeding, but without pain. You may see blood during the excretion of bowels. The anus area can also itch or have tiny bulges around it.
Diagnosis Of Haemorrhoids:
The physician will check the haemorrhoids and put a gloved finger inside to check the condition further. He may also suggest a colonoscopy test to see the insides of colon and rectum.
Foods To Get Relief From Haemorrhoids:
The most important component to get relief from haemorrhoids is fibre, which softens the stool and eases constipation. Leafy vegetables and fresh fruits, besides whole-grain breads and cereals are the ideal food items to take if you are suffering from haemorrhoids. Drinking adequate water is also necessary.
Here are some foods that give relief from haemorrhoids:
• Legumes like beans, lentils, etc.
• Whole-grain foods like brown rice, oatmeal, popcorn, etc.
• Fruits and vegetables that are good sources of antioxidants like vitamin C and beta-carotene
• Fluids like fruit smoothies, low-fat milk, herbal tea, besides water
Home Treatment For Haemorrhoids:
Creams and ice-pack can be used to ease the swelling and pain. You can also soak your bottom in warm water two to three times in a day. Pat your back dry thereafter. Medicines that soften the stool are also useful, but always consult a doctor before you opt for such medicines.
The doctor's treatment may include putting on special rubber bands around the internal haemorrhoids to stop the blood supply, till they shrink. Sclerotherapy can also be done, whereby a chemical is injected into the swollen tissue to break it down. In case the haemorrhoids are really big, a surgery will be required to cut the swollen tissues. This medical procedure is followed by a painful recovery.