- 1 hr ago Eat Right To Keep Your Teeth Strong And Healthy
- 3 hrs ago Masaba Masaba: The Engaging Trailer Gives A Peek Into The Success And Struggles Of Masaba Gupta
- 4 hrs ago Happy 74th Independence Day 2020: Ways To Celebrate This Day During This Pandemic
- 5 hrs ago 15 Foods That May Help Prevent The Common Cold
- News COVID-19: Karnataka govt says no to Ganesha idols in public places; Temples to be sanitised
- Sports IPL 2020 title sponsorship: Tata Group, Dream11 submit 'expression of interest' as date of submission ends
- Movies Harsha Khandeparkar Opens Up About Replacing Mohena Singh In Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai
- Finance SEBI Imposes Fine On SBI, LIC, BoB For Not Complying With Mutual Fund Norms
- Technology OnePlus Nord Next Sale Date Announced; To Be Available Via Amazon Next Week
- Automobiles Kia Sonet Variants, Dimensions & Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Here Are All Details
- Education Independence Day Q And A: Test Your Knowledge On The Indian Independence Struggle
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
Olives are one of the most widely enjoyed foods across the globe. Olives are the fruits that come in a wide range of varieties. They are bitter in taste and are highly used in the preparation of salads.
Olives are one of the healthiest foods that one can opt for. Even olive oil is known for its wide range of health and beauty benefits. Hence, all in all, this is one fruit that is packed with goodness for the body.
The health benefits of olives are numerous. They help eliminate excess cholesterol in the blood, control blood pressure and are a good source of dietary fibres as an alternative for fruits and vegetables.
Olives are the greatest sources of vitamin E. This vitamin acts as an antioxidant and protects the cells from free radical damage.
Regular consumption of olives reduces the effect of degenerative diseases like Alzheimer's and benign diseases. Olives prevent blood clots that can lead to further diseases.
They also protect the cell membrane from cancer. Likewise, there are various benefits of consuming olives.
Therefore, in this article, we at Boldsky will be listing out some of benefits of consuming olives on a regular basis. Read on to know more about it.
For Cardiovascular Health: Olives have a diverse range of antioxidants that protect the cells from oxidative stress. The antioxidants in them protect the cardiovascular health by neutralising free radicals. The monounsaturated fatty acids present in olives are good for reducing the risk of cardiac diseases.
Cancer Prevention: Olives lower the risk of cancer by providing a rich supply of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients. They lower the risk of breast cancer and its re-occurrence.
Weight Loss: Olives assist in weight loss too. Their monounsaturated fatty acids help in weight loss and weight management. According to a research conducted, a diet rich in olives is beneficial in reducing weight.
Digestive Health: Maslinic acid and triterpenoid compound present in the olive skin help fight cancer cells. This acid hampers the growth of colon cancer cells. Since olives are a good source of fibre, they promote the digestion process.
Prevents Anaemia: Olives are a rich source of iron, an essential mineral component of haemoglobin. Haemoglobin carries oxygen from the lungs and transports it throughout the body.